Thumbs not loading, nor does first image

DJKennedyDJKennedy Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
edited May 24, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I had this issue before and I might have had issues with add ons.

Lastnight I got an email from my wifes Aunt that she couldnt see any of the images.

I tried at home yesterday and no issues. I'm at work now on a computer that doesn't have much for junk on it, and no add ons on my FF. I tried FF 2 and IE 6 and I'm getting the same issue.

Thumbs may or may not load. Hitting refresh/reload may cause some different thumbs not to load but doesnt seem to fix the issue. The first photo in the gallery doesn't load iether for quite some time - and when it does finally load, the rest of the thumbs will load.

This is taking far too long. I can not see this being an issue on my computer AND my wifes Aunt. This just gotta be on SM's side. Clearing the cache and all that doesn't seem to do much either. It appears to happen on the Friends and Family gallery the most (the gallery that most people check out first or the most it seems).

It's much faster now (now that I have this all typed up), but whats the scoop? :scratch

I appears that the Wifes Aunt is using IE considering it's a work computer and all that but I don't know why we would both be having issues on two different systems.

It looks like on the bottom of the page (when this issue is happening) that maybe not all the code is loading in the sense that the pipes around 'login' are still there when I've removed them so maybe some code isn't finishing loading...if so - which end? It's a head scratcher to say the least.

Tried several times to reload the page but things still got stuck until I had this half typed out (like taking your car to the shop), clearing the cache and such - two different browsers (2 different systems in two different ends of the province).

Any SM issues I might need to know about? TIA

Derek

(yes i know that the page loads properly now, ive retried it several times this morning)
http://www.djkennedy.com

What did Cinderella say when she left the photo shop? "One day my prints will come."

Comments

• jamescalderjamescalder Registered Users Posts: 61 Big grins
    edited May 24, 2007
    DJKennedy wrote:
    I had this issue before and I might have had issues with add ons.

Lastnight I got an email from my wifes Aunt that she couldnt see any of the images.

I tried at home yesterday and no issues. I'm at work now on a computer that doesn't have much for junk on it, and no add ons on my FF. I tried FF 2 and IE 6 and I'm getting the same issue.

Thumbs may or may not load. Hitting refresh/reload may cause some different thumbs not to load but doesnt seem to fix the issue. The first photo in the gallery doesn't load iether for quite some time - and when it does finally load, the rest of the thumbs will load.

This is taking far too long. I can not see this being an issue on my computer AND my wifes Aunt. This just gotta be on SM's side. Clearing the cache and all that doesn't seem to do much either. It appears to happen on the Friends and Family gallery the most (the gallery that most people check out first or the most it seems).

It's much faster now (now that I have this all typed up), but whats the scoop? headscratch.gif

I appears that the Wifes Aunt is using IE considering it's a work computer and all that but I don't know why we would both be having issues on two different systems.

It looks like on the bottom of the page (when this issue is happening) that maybe not all the code is loading in the sense that the pipes around 'login' are still there when I've removed them so maybe some code isn't finishing loading...if so - which end? It's a head scratcher to say the least.

Tried several times to reload the page but things still got stuck until I had this half typed out (like taking your car to the shop), clearing the cache and such - two different browsers (2 different systems in two different ends of the province).

Any SM issues I might need to know about? TIA

Derek

(yes i know that the page loads properly now, ive retried it several times this morning)
    FWIW, I had a similar problem about 10 minutes ago (for about 5 minutes), but it seems to be fine now.
  • DJKennedyDJKennedy Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2007
    FWIW, I had a similar problem about 10 minutes ago (for about 5 minutes), but it seems to be fine now.

It's woth a lot - now no one can call me crazy! Thanks for letting me know. Knowing you had the issue the same time I did indicates to me that the issue might be server related or router issues (out of our control).

What did Cinderella say when she left the photo shop? "One day my prints will come."

• mcgilmcgil Registered Users Posts: 110 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2007
    I'm just having the same issue right now, 11:45AM Seattle Time.
    edited May 24, 2007
    mcgil wrote:
    I'm just having the same issue right now, 11:45AM Seattle Time.
    All working fine for me here in the other Washington as of 2:53pm EST. Wasn't checking when you had your problem though...
  • mcgilmcgil Registered Users Posts: 110 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2007
    It went back to breezy normal speed not long after I sent my previous comment.
    But while the problem was happening, we were a few people around the office to notice it.
    edited May 24, 2007
    mcgil wrote:
    It went back to breezy normal speed not long after I sent my previous comment.
    But while the problem was happening, we were a few people around the office to notice it.

Curious that no one from SM has said anything yet. Normally at least Andy would be quick to respond.

• SheafSheaf Registered Users, SmugMug Product Team Posts: 775 SmugMug Employee
    edited May 24, 2007
    DJKennedy wrote:
    Curious that no one from SM has said anything yet. Normally at least Andy would be quick to respond.
    Sorry folks, we had some hardware problems over the last couple of hours affecting a small number of photos/galleries (generally brand new ones). It looks as though we have it all fixed now, but only time will tell. We should have updated you here first, but we weren't sure at the time how long the problem would persist.

Andy isn't around today, by the way.

Edit: It appears as though we had the same problem sometime last night as well. Sorry!
    SmugMug Product Manager
    edited May 24, 2007
    DJKennedy wrote:
    i was thinking the same thing, but if you read onethumb's post about tonight's planned biggie, they may all be a little busy right about now.

:hide

edit: doh! that'll teach me to spend 10 minutes trying to find the perfect smilie!
    edited May 24, 2007
    Sheaf wrote:
    Sorry folks, we had some hardware problems over the last couple of hours affecting a small number of photos/galleries (generally brand new ones). It looks as though we have it all fixed now, but only time will tell. We should have updated you here first, but we weren't sure at the time how long the problem would persist.

Andy isn't around today, by the way.

Edit: It appears as though we had the same problem sometime last night as well. Sorry!

Thanks for that reply and info.I was wondering if I was going crazy (or if my wifes aunt was which I could understand). I was thinking about a half hour ago that maybe Andy was on holidays or something. Usually he is the first to jump in.

Hopefully things stay fixed :D

Thanks again for the reply.

edited May 24, 2007
    i was thinking the same thing, but if you read onethumb's post about tonight's planned biggie, they may all be a little busy right about now.

:hide

edit: doh! that'll teach me to spend 10 minutes trying to find the perfect smilie!

Thanks for the link - I haven't being spending as much time in the forums as I used to, so I wasn't aware of the plans.

Derek