Options

Kitten + Flowers

kygardenkygarden Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
edited June 4, 2007 in Landscapes
I got home today from a short out of town trip to find my clematis blooming :) Also, the other day I snapped this shot of a day or two old kitten (one of 6 of them) that a stray had in my flower bed by the house.

Also a few other shots mixed in :)

155883678-L.jpg

155883699-L.jpg

I love this dogwood of mine :)

155883760-L.jpg

Poppy

155883824-L.jpg

Here's one of the siblings...

155883653-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2007
    Wow, brilliant blue eyes on that kitten! Very cute. Nice flowers, my favorite is the poppy shot.
    Chris
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2007
    kygarden wrote:
    I got home today from a short out of town trip to find my clematis blooming :) Also, the other day I snapped this shot of a day or two old kitten (one of 6 of them) that a stray had in my flower bed by the house.

I love this dogwood of mine :)
    Poppy
    Here's one of the siblings...

What a cute little kitten, and such stunning blue eyes.
    Why don't people do the right thing and have their pets de-sexed?? ne_nau.gif
    It really makes me cross that there are so many unwanted cats and dogs out there, because of irresponsible people.

Your flower shots are great, love the poppy, but those little kittens just break your heart don't they .... awww they are so cute :D

Thanks for sharing..... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    edited May 24, 2007
    Yes, I wish people would have any pets they have fixed unless they plan on having more for themselves. The mother hauled off the kittens somewhere. Probably to the neighbor's since that's where she seems to hang out before they were born.
  • Options
    dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2007
    Wow... that first photo of the kitten is amazing. Very nice capture. thumb.gif

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

• Options
    ajgauthierajgauthier Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2007
    kygarden wrote:

155883678-L.jpg

155883653-L.jpg

great kitten shots! They are most likely 3.5-4 weeks old though. I foster such kittens (from feral colonies) and don't start being upright and walking on their own til 3 weeks. By 4 weeks they are very stable and romping around.

If they hang about wild much longer they'll end up feral. Now is the time to catch them and bring them to a shelter or a no-kill place that will foster them til they can be de-sexed, socialized, and find their Forever Homes.

Adrienne
  • Options
    edited June 4, 2007
    Update on the kittens:

My wife says she saw the mother of these kittens lying in the road, dead - run over by a car. This was maybe last Wed when she said that. So this past Friday, I found 1 of the kittens in my flower bed again. I hadn't seen them in over a week. Right after I took their photos, the mother carried them off somewhere. So this one returned. No sign of the other 5. I decided to take it to the animal shelter since there was nothing I could do for it. Now today, I see the other 5 on the opposite side of my house in the flower beds again...all huddled up together. They were all in good health but seemed a slight bit thin. I called the animal shelter and they agreed to take the rest of them. They put the 5 I got today with the one I took down on Friday.

I hated to take them to the shelter, but it was either that or have them starve or die of thirst. It's been extremely dry and hot here lately and there's no water to be found at ground level except way back at the pond. I just felt bad for them. I hope they find a home, but I sort of have my doubts that they will. Maybe they will...who knows. It's just a shame that this happened in the first place.
  • Options
    edited June 4, 2007
    Update #2 for today
    Oh my God! Right after I posted that last update, I went outside to look at my plants. What do I see!?!?!...ANOTHER kitten! That makes 7 total. I've only seen 6 so when I saw the other 5 earlier today I thought that was all of them, including the one I took down Friday.

The shelter is closed for today so I had to bring this one in the house until tomorrow. This guy seemed more inclined to have a drink of milk on his own - after I wet his lips with my finger using the milk. The very first one I found refused to drink. I'll try to feed this one more until tomorrow. Kinda cute little guy or gal...

159587309-L.jpg