keywords and rotation from exif problems

CycoJCycoJ Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited May 25, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Hi there,
I just got a smugmug account after testing several photo sites. Smugmug was by far the best! Now I have a couple of problems. First thing is that smugmug does not seem to read the image orientation from the exif data. My camera is a Pentax K10D and it stores the orientation data in the Exif.image.orientation tag in the form of:"top, left", "top, bottom". Smugmug does not seem to recognize this.
see eg. http://jocheninnz.smugmug.com/gallery/2827609#155803744
The second issue I'm having, is probably not really a smugmug issue, but more a feature request. I manage my pictures with digikam, and digikam allows my to categorize tags. So I can tag a picture like this:
places-->Auckland-->Skytower
places-->Auckland-->Harbour bridge
Digikam saves these as IPTC keywords like this: places/Auckland/Skytower

Now smugmug doesn't recognize the "/" and makes that keyword placesAucklandSkytower. I know this is probably a bit of a digikam problem as well, but it would be great if I could tell smugmug to use unrecognized characters as separators so I would get three separate keywords.

Cheers and thanks for smugmug!
Jochen

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2007
    Hi, welcome - we don't rotate based on rotation tag, because all camera makers do it differently and so some folks that don't want rotation would get it. Please use the rotate feature within your photo tools menu, ok?
  • CycoJCycoJ Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited May 25, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Hi, welcome - we don't rotate based on rotation tag, because all camera makers do it differently and so some folks that don't want rotation would get it. Please use the rotate feature within your photo tools menu, ok?

Ah ok I wasn't aware of that.
    Cheers
    Jochen