Help with Crop Tool

1033460410334604 Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited May 24, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I am taking a college course and I have an assignment to ask a question on a photoshop user forum. Would someone be willing to give me the steps to use the following tool?

Please give the steps to use the crop tool (e.g. highlight a picture and crop the sides) using Photoshop.

This assignment was not intended to ask frivolous questions, but to demonstrate to the professor that we understand how to use a user forum.
Thank you for your help.

Comments

• scwalterscwalter Registered Users Posts: 417 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2007
    I would suggest you read the link below. It has some really good points on how to ask questions appropriately. This may be what your professor is getting at.

http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

Specifically note this part:

Q:How can I use X to do Y?
    A:If what you want is to do Y, you should ask that question without pre-supposing the use of a method that may not be appropriate. Questions of this form often indicate a person who is not merely ignorant about X, but confused about what problem Y they are solving and too fixated on the details of their particular situation. It is generally best to ignore such people until they define their problem better.

In real life, like here on Dgrin, if you asked this question, you'd probably get some real help and not a bunch of "RTFM" comments as suggested in the link above. Personally, I would tell you to RTFM though and come back with more specific questions.

-Scott
    Scott Walter Photography
    scwalter.smugmug.com