Options

Pro printing labs

W00DYW00DY Registered Users Posts: 183 Major grins
edited May 25, 2007 in Mind Your Own Business
Hi All,

I think the majority of photogs here use SmugMug for their digital printing, however being in Australia this does not work well for me. Being in Oz also means that there are probably not many pros on here who could recommend a lab in Sydney....

However, what you might be able to do is advise on what you should look for in a pro lab.

price?
customer service?
range of printing options?
ease of image submission?

Never having any prints actually done at a pro lab (well ok I got a couple of freebies but they don't count) I am not sure how to choose a pro lab for my client prints?

Any advice is much appreciated.

Cheers.

Comments

• Options
    bsvirginianbsvirginian Registered Users Posts: 241 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2007
    :D Hi Woody

I'll step in here with a recent experience. I deal with 2 labs, neither of them local to me but both have conquered the problem of shipping by getting the reprints back within a couple of days via Federal express (they pay) or Express mail. The reason I use 2 labs is that one specializes in weddings and the other in package printing.
    They are both very reasonable in pricing (compared to any local lab) and extremely consistant as far as quality is concerned. Typically I can "upload" my images to them a normally have them back within a couple of days. If I have any problems with the reprints they bend over backwards to remedy the problem. And problems are very seldom. bsvirginian