Copy Pics (not Move) from one Gallery to a second

DavidKlDavidKl Registered Users Posts: 142 Major grins
edited June 5, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I assume this is an easy question but I'm haveing a hard time finding the answer: I simply want to copy all of the pictures from Gallery A to Gallery B, but want to keep the originals in Gallery A as well. I see how to do a move but not a copy.
Thanks.
David

Comments

• richWrichW Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2007
    In the drop down list <photo tools > there is a "make second copy" option.
    http://www.smugmug.com/help/photo-tools-menu

If you have a lot of images, it might be easier to upload from your computer to the new gallery...
  • DavidKlDavidKl Registered Users Posts: 142 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2007
    richW wrote:
    In the drop down list <photo tools > there is a "make second copy" option.
    http://www.smugmug.com/help/photo-tools-menu

If you have a lot of images, it might be easier to upload from your computer to the new gallery...

Make second copy only copies that single photo; I want the entire gallery. I've added captions online so if I have to upload again I'll lose the captions...
  • richWrichW Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2007
    Yes your right there is no bulk make copies. I think it is a "Feature Request" but I'm not sure.

This might be a long way around, take a look at Greg Wellmen's Album Fetcher. You can bulk download from Smugmug, then reupload to the new gallery. I think his app will retain the captions. Take a look to see if this will help.
  • DavidKlDavidKl Registered Users Posts: 142 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2007
    richW wrote:
    Yes your right there is no bulk make copies. I think it is a "Feature Request" but I'm not sure.

This might be a long way around, take a look at Greg Wellmen's Album Fetcher. You can bulk download from Smugmug, then reupload to the new gallery. I think his app will retain the captions. Take a look to see if this will help.

Great call, Rich. Perfect. Thanks.
  • liggittliggitt Registered Users Posts: 35 Big grins
    edited May 30, 2007
    Shameless plug
    DavidKl wrote:
    I simply want to copy all of the pictures from Gallery A to Gallery B
    Downloading an album and uploading it again works, but you lose any tags you added to the pictures, and potentially the album order. I hit this same problem a year or so ago, so I wrote a utility to do it automatically.

Read more here: http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=35684
  • cjyphotocjyphoto Registered Users Posts: 195 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2007
    Good on you liggitt and I mean thatthumb.gif . My feeling and I'm sure that of many others is that this function should have been part of SmugMug from the beginning. They have a bulk "move" tool but no bulk "copy". Why????headscratch.gif
    My Pictures : My Gear
    I Reject Your Reality And Substitute My Own - Adam Savage
  • rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2007
    cjyphoto wrote:
    Good on you liggitt and I mean thatthumb.gif . My feeling and I'm sure that of many others is that this function should have been part of SmugMug from the beginning. They have a bulk "move" tool but no bulk "copy". Why????headscratch.gif
    Well, I guess between those two functions is a huge difference: Moving doesn't use much CPU power or space, while copying hundreds or thousands of photos takes up a whole rack of CPUs and probably a lot of space, too. The reluctance to implement such a function is therefore a bit higher. mwink.gif

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero