Options

same photo in more than 1 gallery ...

pseudonympseudonym Registered Users Posts: 49 Big grins
edited February 9, 2005 in SmugMug Support
... can this be done without uploading the picture twice ??

i.e. I have my pics sorted (for the most part) by the country/location I took them in. I would now like to take the better ones of a given type and group and put them in their own gallery e.g. all my 'good' (and I use the term loosely :)) pics of buildings or landscapes or whatever.

Can I do this via a slick little smugmug trick I do not yet know or do I need to upload the specific images again in the new gallery ??

thanks

Colin

Comments

• Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2005
    pseudonym wrote:
    ... can this be done without uploading the picture twice ??

i.e. I have my pics sorted (for the most part) by the country/location I took them in. I would now like to take the better ones of a given type and group and put them in their own gallery e.g. all my 'good' (and I use the term loosely :)) pics of buildings or landscapes or whatever.

Can I do this via a slick little smugmug trick I do not yet know or do I need to upload the specific images again in the new gallery ??

thanks

Colin
    I have often wanted this feature...i dont think it is avail as yet. I just copy it from original & re-send it to the new album.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2005
    yes, it's in there.. check the menu of choices underneath your photo in a gallery.
  • Options
    NirNir Registered Users Posts: 1,400 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2005
    The guys at smugmug have just recently added a feature to 'make 2nd copy' in the photo tools under the photo. Do that and then 'move' the 2nd copy to whatever gallery you want. Much quicker and more convinient than uploading again!

Nir Alon

images of my thoughts
  • Options
    pseudonympseudonym Registered Users Posts: 49 Big grins
    edited February 9, 2005
    Ah-ha I was sure it was possible and so simple after all ... I might've even worked that out myself had I been smarter mwink.gif

cheers guys