Options

Anyone help me with a comp glitch pls ?

gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
edited May 26, 2007 in Digital Darkroom
I have just connected 2 computers to a new wireless system & signal/speed is just fine. They can both access the net at a good clip.

My one single problem is that the main machine running xP (core duo/256 vid card/2 gig ram/21" sony CRT) has a glitch in it after a fresh install of xP last night & all the wireless connections.

If i try & scroll with the mouse or with the slide bar on the side of the screen i have open at the time...it has a very slow reaction, maybe half to a full second behind the mouse or slide bar (if its happening with the slide bar as well then it cant be the mouse)

Now the other comp (much older unit) i put on the system is powering along just fine. Ive updated the exact mouse driver...tried different mouses...updated xP...everything is just perfect other than this slow lag to scroll a screen

Anyone got any ideas :dunno

Comments

• Options
    ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2007
    Did you upgrade the video driver from the standard one XP installed? ne_nau.gif That's usually the first thing I do on a re-install.
    Chris
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2007
    ChrisJ wrote:
    Did you upgrade the video driver from the standard one XP installed? ne_nau.gif That's usually the first thing I do on a re-install.
    Tks chris !! That fixed it. I had totally forgotten about that vid card in all the other stuff going on around me.

Wow & i thought it was fast after the re-load.

Now it changes screens just by thought !!

thumb.gif
  • Options
    ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2007
    Nice! Glad it worked. :ivar
    Chris