Black Betty laid on a pool table......

3n-out3n-out Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
edited May 26, 2007 in Holy Macro
The weather has been horrible. In an effort to satisfy my addiction I took my camera to a gig of my friends. only took my "nifty 50" so I could shoot in lower lights.

Here is a shot of my buddies black les paul. He calls it Black Betty and she is all laid out on a pool table. I know this shot has been done a million times but there is something sexy about this. I like the color, black and gold tones.

What do you think? Comments are always welcome dont' ya know!
If you don't have creative enthusiasum all you have is a camera in your hands!

My Webpage - http://www.3n-out.com

Comments

• DalantechDalantech Registered Users Posts: 1,519 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2007
    I'm not a fan of centered images unless the subject completely fills the frame, and the guitar spills out of it. If it stretched from the lower left with the strings fading out into the upper right at that same low angle I think it would be a better shot. Also for a photo like that one the light really needs to be very warm and diffused to bring out the grain in the guitar and to keep the metal from looking like a street lamp.
    My SmugMug Gallery

Looking for tips on macro photography? Check out my Blog: No Cropping Zone.
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2007
    3n-out wrote:
    The weather has been horrible. In an effort to satisfy my addiction I took my camera to a gig of my friends. only took my "nifty 50" so I could shoot in lower lights.

Here is a shot of my buddies black les paul. He calls it Black Betty and she is all laid out on a pool table. I know this shot has been done a million times but there is something sexy about this. I like the color, black and gold tones.

What do you think? Comments are always welcome dont' ya know!

Ahahaha I was looking for a Black Spider rolleyes1.gif
    Your right it does have sex appeal, the colours all go well together,
    and your eye is lead into the image.

Need to keep an eye on the dust, the guitar has a large amount of dust on it.
    Maybe a wipe down before you try it again.

You did a very nice job, even if it wasn't a spider rolleyes1.gif
    .... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2007
    For me personally I think that the Depth of Field is causing some of the details like the pickup selector switch to become too fuzzy and not actually look included in the picture, to me that is part of the art of the guitar. But then again I am a frustrated guitarist as well as a frustrated camera operatorrolleyes1.gif
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
  • 3n-out3n-out Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2007
    Thanks for the replies! Much appreciated. As far as the dust goes, I guess he missed that part when he cleaned her up prior me shooting it. Heck I didn't even notice it until I was post processing it.

The idea of the shot was the reflection of the bridge off the paint job. It really was only viewable at that angle. the rest of the guitar wasn't really part of the picture! :) but it is good to know that it is seen a differnt angle then mine.

Thanks!
    If you don't have creative enthusiasum all you have is a camera in your hands!

My Webpage - http://www.3n-out.com
  • BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2007
    I still really like it though :D
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact