getting time to choose!

Tessa HDTessa HD Registered Users Posts: 852 Major grins
edited May 28, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
Since some of you are so gracious to offer to honest opinions and critique, I'll post a few as well. Which one do you like the best?

152900774-L.jpg

154676239-L.jpg

155044118-L.jpg

156307808-L.jpg

156319016-L.jpg

Thank you in advance for your comments!

Tessa HD
Love to dream, and dream in color.

www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com
www.printandportfolio.com
This summer's wilderness photography project: www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com/gallery/3172341

Comments

• DalantechDalantech Registered Users Posts: 1,519 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2007
    I love the lighting and composition on the first one! thumb.gif

The light on the second is too harsh, and the subject is too centered.

The glare on the window kills the third image -my eye goes everywhere.

The fourth suffers from too much depth of field, and the flower isn't sharp.

The lighting and composition on the fifth is excellent! Although it too suffers from too much depth, I think it's the best of the group clap.gif
    My SmugMug Gallery

Looking for tips on macro photography? Check out my Blog: No Cropping Zone.
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2007
    I like #5 and #1. The lighting on both is very good!! thumb.gif
  • pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2007
    1-3 do nothing for me. 4-5 are nice, but i've seen better from you.
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section
  • pemmettpemmett Registered Users Posts: 507 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2007
    #5 - Love it (wish it were mine)thumb.gifthumb
    #1 - very nicethumb.gif

Other - Not so sure
    "Take a moment to capture a memory that will last forever"
    My images | My blog | My free course
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2007
    Nice variety Tess...I like the lighting in #1 alot. I'm not sure about the hot spot though. #2 is not the best lighting and too centered. #3 too busy. #4 I like but maybe not the best in terms of sharpness and dof...I like the colors and the light, though. #5 is my favorite. The lighting is beautiful. The dof may be a bit much, but it doesnt bother me. It just emphasizes the great big world she is exploring.
  • SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2007
    Personally.....
    #1 & #5.

#1...interesting light, lines and curves....a neat perspective
    #5...nice colors, cute, with elements of interest.....even though it may be a little girl picking dandelions, this shot is so much more. I like this capture.....should you enter it....some help I am ne_nau.gif but this is nice. Open contests like this serves the mental gymnastics.
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • JillGJillG Registered Users Posts: 285 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2007
    Hi,
    For the challenge entry I have to agree with everone else, #5 . It makes me smile watching her gather dandelions. I like the lighting and DOF.

#1 is kind of interesting. #2 I like a lot, the expression on the cows face is great, but it looks like the focus is on the door. I think it may need a crop.
    #3 I like this too, but the porch reflection is trying to chop their heads off:D.
    #4 I also like the flower shot but think it should be desaturated a bitne_nau.gif.
    Jill
  • Tessa HDTessa HD Registered Users Posts: 852 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2007
    Thank you for all your input
    After much deliberation and frustration, I am going with #5. Out of the countless photos I took this week, I didn't think I'd end up with this one. My first thought was that it's just a girl picking flowers. However, it never seemed to get cut from my short list, due some of the elements in it. The "weed" that balances the composition, the lit-up dandelions in her far hand, the way the light sillouettes her, the sky and hills giving the sense of a big world for a little girl. Nope, I didn't think this would be my choice, now I'll enter it and worry if I made the right decision!!! (I need a 'smiley' that shows me pulling my hair out!)

Tessa
    Love to dream, and dream in color.

www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com
    www.printandportfolio.com
    This summer's wilderness photography project: www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com/gallery/3172341
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2007
    Tessa HD wrote:
    After much deliberation and frustration, I am going with #5. Out of the countless photos I took this week, I didn't think I'd end up with this one. My first thought was that it's just a girl picking flowers. However, it never seemed to get cut from my short list, due some of the elements in it. The "weed" that balances the composition, the lit-up dandelions in her far hand, the way the light sillouettes her, the sky and hills giving the sense of a big world for a little girl. Nope, I didn't think this would be my choice, now I'll enter it and worry if I made the right decision!!! (I need a 'smiley' that shows me pulling my hair out!)

Tessa

Good choice!
    I'm not a big fan of baby pictures, but this one is simply a great image. Lighting is great, title is matching, great DOF, action is stopped at the exact moment... Very strong overall!thumb.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2007
    Tessa, #1 and #5 are not showing up for me. I assume you're current entry is #5 and it looks great!
  • lynnesitelynnesite Registered Users Posts: 747 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2007
    I really love your submitted shot!