Cold and Wet E-Session

david_hdavid_h Registered Users Posts: 463 Major grins
edited May 27, 2007 in Weddings
Last weekend I was wondering what had happened to the Spring? Sunday we had to do an E-Session in rain, cold, thunder.

We've been using off-camera lighting whenever possible. Here's my daughter out in the street looking far from happy:

156341170-L.jpg

Plus a couple of the resulting images

156134285-L.jpg

156341949-O.jpg

The rainy light was nice for colours as well.....

156341155-O.jpg

156341160-O.jpg

156341163-O.jpg

156341167-O.jpg

Comments

• dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2007
    david_h wrote:
    156341163-O.jpg

I like this one the best. Looks like a great location. The red and blue contrast is nice... wonder if she was in a blue shirt too if that would add to the photo? Or even shooting from a ladder to get more of the green grass? This looks like a fun location to work with different colors!

I like the train track shot too but I know a lot of people feel those kind of photos are a bit cliche. I don't-- but I've heard that when I post my own train track type shots on other forums!

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

• saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2007
    15524779-Ti.gif The red wall is my favorite of the bunch. Nice color! I also like how the rain effected the light.
  • david_hdavid_h Registered Users Posts: 463 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2007
    dogwood wrote:
    I like this one the best. Looks like a great location. The red and blue contrast is nice... wonder if she was in a blue shirt too if that would add to the photo? Or even shooting from a ladder to get more of the green grass? This looks like a fun location to work with different colors!

I like the train track shot too but I know a lot of people feel those kind of photos are a bit cliche. I don't-- but I've heard that when I post my own train track type shots on other forums!
    Thanks Pete. I like the red wall image best as well - here is another at the same location.

156406753-L.jpg

I agree with you that a bit more green grass would have been nice. Problem was that there really wasn't any more than you see. It was a narrow border (about 2 feet) between the wall and the parking lot.

The building is an old railway station - hence the tracks shot as well. Yes, the "couple arm in arm along the tracks" is a bit of a cliche but I still use quite often in e-sessions. What I really like are abandond rail cars with lots of graffiti.

Saurora, thank you for your comment. I really like to shoot in the rain, just because of the great soft light.