Little League Poster for Comment

wally5656wally5656 Registered Users Posts: 448 Major grins
edited May 27, 2007 in Sports
Let me know what you think about this one.

514764913_c3e1225853_b.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Comments

• aktseaktse Registered Users Posts: 1,928 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2007
    Do you have another photo that you can use for the full color one? The one that you selected makes me focus on his butt more than his face and I think it would be much stronger if you have one with his full face, or one with more of his face.

Maybe switching the two images? I also don't know about that idea since
    I do like the fact that both profiles shots are facing each other and leads yours eyes to other image.

In general, a very nice job.
  • GlennPhotographyGlennPhotography Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited May 26, 2007
    wally5656 wrote:
    Let me know what you think about this one.

514764913_c3e1225853_b.jpg

Thanks for looking!
    I see what aktse is saying, but I really like the composition. It is a baseball shot. I see the ball in the hand and that seems like a very good thing to see the the full color shot. If it were my child, I would buy it in a heartbeat and love it. "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"
  • RogersDARogersDA Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2007
    You need to change the kid's name color - make it stand out more from the background.

That ball is still somewhat hidden with the blue transition.

The profile image's layer should be placed so that the mustang logo does not lay on the helmet.

Consider placing a year (2007?) and maybe the school/city name on the image. 20 years from now that might be good for someone looking at it.
  • jonh68jonh68 Registered Users Posts: 2,711 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2007
    I like the layout. However, I don't like the font or the colors. I think a sharper type would look better, if that makes sense. A font that doesn't have rounded corners. I also think a white colored font would look better as well. The poster is colorful as is, having the "mustangs" font colored is too much IMHO even if it's the team colors. You could switch the name and the mustang positions, have the players name in white and mustangs in orange.

You're layout is great, I just think the font is off. As Rogers said, add 2007 for the year. You could put that under "mustangs" with the blue color so you have the team colors. Maybe not so big on the font size as well. Showcase the player more by having smaller font size.
  • mike_kmike_k Registered Users Posts: 153 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2007
    That logo is of a Bronco - not a Mustang.

:D
  • MontecMontec Registered Users Posts: 823 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2007
    I kinda like it...very colourful clap.gif

What a coincidence, I just finished this one from a soccer shoot I did today. I printed it at 13x19 and it looks awesome!

C&C welcome on this one too....don't mean to hijack your thread but I figured since we are talking posters we might as well share ideas.
    Cheers,
    Monte
  • ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2007
    Love this last shot! clap.gif
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8