First Post : Macro

dbutchardbutchar Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
edited May 27, 2007 in Holy Macro
I'm a new member and very inspired. I love photography but don't really ahve the right equipment. I'm using a very basic digital camera and love playing around with the settings. I took these two photos last year and love them. I know this is not the wipping post but please feel free to comment and critique... I can't get any better if I don't know

306313312_15376b2671.jpg

306314216_4957ca1eea.jpg306314060_532cccaa9b.jpg

Comments

• RogersDARogersDA Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2007
    Hello!!! wings.gifwave Welcome to dgrin.

Your flowers are nice, but there are a few minor issues.

With 1 - its out of focus. Nice composition, though. Whites could be a bit more whiter.

With 2 - good , sharp image, but color is lacking here, too.

With 3 - great colors, but that shadow is distracting.

What gear do you have?

Shoot some more and post more!!!
  • ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2007
    Hi there and welcome!! I'm with David on all 3 pictures. Also, i found 1 and 2nd shots are too dark and have no contrast. Third one doesnt have proper exposure setting, left side looks underexposed and right overexposed. You're in the right place to learn and ask questions. Hope to see more of your work soon!! :D
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2007
    dbutchar wrote:
    I'm a new member and very inspired. I love photography but don't really ahve the right equipment. I'm using a very basic digital camera and love playing around with the settings. I took these two photos last year and love them. I know this is not the wipping post but please feel free to comment and critique... I can't get any better if I don't know

Macro is one of things you get better with the more you do.
    Most people on this forum didn't start off with the gear they have now either, and I'd say a huge percentage had a digital camera that was very limited at some stage.

Light is really important for Macro Work, and being in Focus as well.
    By the looks of those three images I'd say you are capable of doing better for sure thumb.gif I think a little more practise and you'll be there thumb.gif

Welcome to the Dgrin Forum, you've come to the right place to learn more about your favourite hobby, and don't forget to check out the other forums too, you might find something else your interest in :D

Thanks for posting....... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • dbutchardbutchar Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited May 27, 2007
    Thank you very much to all who responded. I really appreciate all of the feedback and hopefully will get better over time with knowledge, practice and patience. Thanks again.

By the way... I am currently using a Canon A630 (very basic) but plan on purchasing a better camera at the end of the year.