Please help me choose!

GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
edited May 28, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
Okay, unless by some miracle the toad lands on my doorstep again tomorrow, I won't have an opportunity to reshoot that one, but please let me know what my best shot is on these. Thanks a million! Emily :lust

156012973-M.jpg

156275655-M.jpg

156469048-M.jpg

156456536-M.jpg
Emily
Psalm 62:5-6

Comments

• FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2007
    Each one has strong points and I am really drawn to #2, but my vote goes to #1. The light is lovely. The gentle way she is holding and looking at the frog is touching. It tells a story.

Virginia

Email
  • ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2007
    I'm also leaning towards #1... I think #2 needs more pop.

One note: make sure you size your picture so that you get 800px on the longest side! Even if you have to size it yourself and link to a "-O". Your current entry looks comparitively small at only 600px tall.
    Chris
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited May 26, 2007
    #1-

#2 with some pp-
  • GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2007
    ChrisJ wrote:
    One note: make sure you size your picture so that you get 800px on the longest side! Even if you have to size it yourself and link to a "-O". Your current entry looks comparitively small at only 600px tall.

Thanks for the tip!
    Emily
    Psalm 62:5-6

• RobertRobert Registered Users Posts: 148 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2007
    Okay, unless by some miracle the toad lands on my doorstep again tomorrow, I won't have an opportunity to reshoot that one, but please let me know what my best shot is on these. Thanks a million! Emily iloveyou.gif
    I think #4 is great. But as you probably know by now, that’s just me.
    I can’t see #1, but I assume its ‘Froggy Friend’. And yes, it is ‘Froggy Friend’ for me as well over #2.
    ChrisJ wrote:

I have a new laptop and I have trouble displaying 800pix high images. It just ain’t the same if you have to scroll a picture. So I am going to stick with posting 600 pix high images. After all, I want everybody to be able to see the picture, not to scroll it.
    Would be interesting to here the moderators’ comments on that one.
    Robert
  • ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2007
    Robert wrote:
    I have a new laptop and I have trouble displaying 800pix high images. It just ain’t the same if you have to scroll a picture. So I am going to stick with posting 600 pix high images. After all, I want everybody to be able to see the picture, not to scroll it.
    Would be interesting to here the moderators’ comments on that one.

I sometimes work on a laptop that has 1024x768 res, and I would still rather scroll that extra 32 pixels than see it smaller. The bigger size can definitely make a difference in impact.

If you're in the competition, I think you handicap yourself if your longest edge is *not* 800 pixels. Just MHO.
    Chris
  • RobertRobert Registered Users Posts: 148 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2007
    Sorry Emily for hijacking your post here.

Robert wrote:
    ChrisJ wrote:
    I sometimes work on a laptop that has 1024x768 res, and I would still rather scroll that extra 32 pixels than see it smaller. The bigger size can definitely make a difference in impact.
    If you're in the competition, I think you handicap yourself if your longest edge is *not* 800 pixels. Just MHO.

Erik? Shay? Andy? Would you be so good as to add your twopence to this?
    Robert