Drag Racing - Wheelstands Galore!

crgphotographercrgphotographer Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
edited June 10, 2007 in Sports
Greetings all, I thought instead of commenting on photos (even trying to) I would finally post some of my own.

I attended a drag racing bracket meet @ western sydney international dragway on Saturday and got the below pics.

I don't particually enjoy taking photos @ the dragway as without a media pass as you don't get close enough to the action or you get photos of all those lucky photographers who have the creditials...

hope you enjoy... C&C welcome!

156577800-M.jpg

156578402-M.jpg

156578294-M.jpg

156578184-M.jpg

156578000-M.jpg

156578251-M.jpg

156578343-M.jpg
craig coomans | crgphotography | automotive | landscape | motorsport | weddings
[
crgphotography.smugmug.com ]

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2007
    Greetings all, I thought instead of commenting on photos (even trying to) I would finally post some of my own.

I attended a drag racing bracket meet @ western sydney international dragway on Saturday and got the below pics.

I don't particually enjoy taking photos @ the dragway as without a media pass as you don't get close enough to the action or you get photos of all those lucky photographers who have the creditials...

hope you enjoy... C&C welcome!

Awwwwwww these are cool, I'm not into cars, but I think I can name a couple of those ones

I think the first two are GT FALCONS
    The Third is a HOLDEN Torana
    Not sure what the fourth one is
    Hmmmmm is the Ute a Holden or Falcon? not sure on that one either
    and the last one is that an old Holden Commodore?

Your did a Great job on theres, love that First Shot clap.gif
    .... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • crgphotographercrgphotographer Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
    edited May 27, 2007
    Skippy wrote:
    Awwwwwww these are cool, I'm not into cars, but I think I can name a couple of those ones

I think the first two are GT FALCONS
    The Third is a HOLDEN Torana
    Not sure what the fourth one is
    Hmmmmm is the Ute a Holden or Falcon? not sure on that one either
    and the last one is that an old Holden Commodore?

Your did a Great job on theres, love that First Shot clap.gif
    .... Skippy
    Thanks Skippy... nice calls on the cars. Yes, the main cars in the photos are: first is a GT Falcons the second one I don't think is a GT, but hey, they do all look pretty much the same. The third is a Holden Torana with a Monaro in the background, the fourth is a Datson 260Z. The sixth is a Holden ute (WB) with that last one definately being a old Holden Commodore - VK Calais.

Considering that I have a lot of friends that are not into cars, I am very impressed with your calls, they would never had come close :D

Thanks again for your comments...

/craig.
    [
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2007
    Nice set craig. Love the torana ! Top fuelers are on at Willowbank raceway QLD shortly so im thinking of giving it a try.
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2007
    Great shotsbowdown.gifbowbowdown.gifbow BUUUUUUT all the drivers are on the wrong side of the carheadscratch.gifscratchheadscratch.gifrolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gifrofl

Just couldn't resistthumb.gif grreat shots
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

edited June 3, 2007
    Thanks for the comments guys... Gus, if you do decide to get photos of the Top Fuelers at the Winternationals, may I suggest you setup a tripod?:D There was one testing at this meet and the only photos I got of the car is either stationary or at some very weird angles after it shook me to my bones launcing down the quarter mile. :D
    [
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2007
    Thanks for the comments guys... Gus, if you do decide to get photos of the Top Fuelers at the Winternationals, may I suggest you setup a tripod?:D There was one testing at this meet and the only photos I got of the car is either stationary or at some very weird angles after it shook me to my bones launcing down the quarter mile. :D
    Im actually trying for a media pass. Ive got my f/2 lens to get around the tripod bit though & ive got a very steady hand.
    edited June 3, 2007
    I hope you get the pass and if you do I would love to see the results... thanks Gus.
    [
  • dbaker1221dbaker1221 Registered Users Posts: 4,482 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2007
    some terrific shotsthumb.gif
    **If I keep shooting, I'm bound to hit something**
    Dave
  • MT StringerMT Stringer Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2007
    Me likey!
    Good job, Craig. I especially like the shot of the hemi head laying on the table.
    Please visit my website: www.mtstringer.smugmug.com
    My Portfolio
    MaxPreps Profile

Canon EOS 1D MK III and 7d; Canon 100 f/2.0; Canon 17-40 f/4; Canon 24-70 f/2.8; Canon 70-200 f/2.8L IS; Canon 300 f/2.8L IS; Canon 1.4x and Sigma 2x; Sigma EF 500 DG Super and Canon 580 EX II.
  • zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2007
    Nice action shots. Looks like a good way to spend a day.
    Nice job on catching the peak action.
    edited June 10, 2007
    Thanks for the comments, I appreciate them.. cheers,

/craig.
    [