Options

Flash Purchase Options

dragon300zxdragon300zx Registered Users Posts: 2,575 Major grins
edited February 9, 2005 in Accessories
I am looking to buy a good flash for my 10D. I was thinkint the 550EX but I've been spending to much money and should prolly look at something more economical after I just bought doctor's lense. So I was looking at this lense. Better than the 420EX not quite as good as the 550EX but cheaper than the 420EX. Any opinions on this flash?

Sigma EF-500 DG ST E-TTL Shoe Mount Flash (Guide No. 165'/50 m at 105mm) for Canon EOS with E-TTL II

I read on FM that this is a good substitue for the 550EX for doing basic stuff at weddings, etc.
Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Do Not Have Film.
www.zxstudios.com
http://creativedragonstudios.smugmug.com

Comments

• Options
    blackwaterstudioblackwaterstudio Registered Users Posts: 779 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2005
    I am looking to buy a good flash for my 10D. I was thinkint the 550EX but I've been spending to much money and should prolly look at something more economical after I just bought doctor's lense. So I was looking at this lense. Better than the 420EX not quite as good as the 550EX but cheaper than the 420EX. Any opinions on this flash?

Sigma EF-500 DG ST E-TTL Shoe Mount Flash (Guide No. 165'/50 m at 105mm) for Canon EOS with E-TTL II

I read on FM that this is a good substitue for the 550EX for doing basic stuff at weddings, etc.
    I went with the Sigma super 500 over the canon line because of all the great reviews I had read about it.
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited February 9, 2005
    If you're planning on upgrading to 20D fairly soon, don't skimp, buy the 580EX which will give you the ETTL-II. Do it.
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    edited February 9, 2005
    the Sigma says it has the ETTL-II
    www.zxstudios.com
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited February 9, 2005
    the Sigma says it has the ETTL-II
    Oh. Does it recycle as fast as the 580? Its supposed to be super fast.
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    edited February 9, 2005
    4 seconds
    www.zxstudios.com
  • Options
    blackwaterstudioblackwaterstudio Registered Users Posts: 779 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2005
    DoctorIt wrote:
    If you're planning on upgrading to 20D fairly soon, don't skimp, buy the 580EX which will give you the ETTL-II. Do it.
    My Super 500 is ETTL-II ;)

And depending on what battery's you use it will recycle faster then the 4 seconds :)
  • Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2005
    Recycle time on the 580EX is 0.1 - 6 seconds, depending...
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson