So Slow...

eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
edited May 27, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Not sure if this is still due to the new release but I'm finding that 'making a second copy' and moving photos to new galleries is exceedingly slow. Specifically, if I make a second copy, that copy does not show up despite leaving that gallery and/or hitting refresh on the browser. It's only when I make another second copy that both will instantly show up. This is also the case for moving to another gallery.
E

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2007
    HI eroen, I've been working with my Smug all day and can't say the same. Still, I'll check with the others and see what's up, okay?
  • eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2007
    Thanks Andy,
    It's actually been this way for 3 or 4 days now and only with those actions - second copy and move - where the images just don't show up until another action takes place.
    Thought it was due to the maintenance so didn't give it much thought until today.
    Thanks for checking it out.
    E
  • Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2007
    I've never had instant results with duplicating & moving photos, either. Sometimes it takes so long to duplicate a photo that I do it 2-3 times and come back later to find 3-4 of the same image. It can take up to 10-15 minutes sometimes for an image to show up as duplicated or moved, sometimes. I've noticed this not ALL the time, but definitely more than just the past few days.

Since Smugmug is relatively instantaneous with everything else, I'm going to bet that it has to do with OUR browsers not refreshing the pages quick enough. The cache on our computers probably has something to do with it, but I'm too lazy to go and empty my cache every time I want to duplicate / move a photo...

-Matt-
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum