summitpointmisc219.jpg

summitpointmisc211.jpg

summitpointmisc180.jpg

summitpointmisc260.jpg

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2007

You've got some great shots here Dirtshooter21,
    but they lack POP and colour they are not as colourful as they could be.
    First shot is the better one as far as in focus goes.

I think you could make that first shot pop thumb.gif ..... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • bigcabbigcab Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
    edited May 28, 2007
    What is the little yellow box on top of each bikes rear fender...some sort of safety device I would assume ? I also noticed the sharp focus of #1 and the lack of "pop" I also noticed that I could not take such good shots (yet ! ) Cool photos !
  • maczippymaczippy Registered Users Posts: 597 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2007
    bigcab wrote:
    What is the little yellow box on top of each bikes rear fender...some sort of safety device I would assume ? I also noticed the sharp focus of #1 and the lack of "pop" I also noticed that I could not take such good shots (yet ! ) Cool photos !

It's for timing and scoring - a transponder.

As for the shots, the second and third are not terribly sharp. The first could do with some work )possibly some colour/contrast) and is not a bad shot.

The last shot is quite atmospheric, and maybe a crop to remove that pole on the left edge of the frame might tidy things up a bit...The colour is good in that shot btw..

Andrew
    AutoMotoPhoto® Motorcycle Racing Photography
    Next Race - MotoGP Donington
    :ivar

• xtnomadxtnomad Registered Users Posts: 340 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2007
    Your panning could use some pratice. But your vantage point is good. thumb.gif Color and panning go together, headscratch.gif . It,s all pratice. Keep shooting.
    xtnomad :wink
  • Dirtshooter21Dirtshooter21 Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited May 28, 2007
    Thank you guys for your advise thats the reason I started posting here. If you guys could throw out some ideas on what im doing wrong with the color or panning I would appreciate it. Thanks again
  • xtnomadxtnomad Registered Users Posts: 340 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2007
    I do not think that it is what you are doing wrong, it is just pratice and trying some thing a little differant in settings. I E shutter setings and exposure setting. I know what settings to use to get the shot when I go on a shoot, but always try a setting to get a little bite more color and saturation for what type of lighting for what the day offers. Panning is just pratice pratice pratice.
    xtnomad :wink