Good luck to the SF1 challengers!!!

dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins
edited May 28, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
Good luck to all of you.

It's really been interesting to watch the entries come in and see some of them change over the challenge period. They're all great shots.

Comments

• osoiosoi Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited May 28, 2007
    I hope the best for all of us.
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2007
    I would not like to be a judge on this one. No matter how hard I tried, I always ended up with 15 to 18 winners. Cutting down to 10 is going to be a major push..deal.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • pemmettpemmett Registered Users Posts: 507 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2007
    Only a few more sleepless nights while we wait for the results :cry:D
    "Take a moment to capture a memory that will last forever"
    My images | My blog | My free course
    edited May 28, 2007
    I wonder why Drabbit and Strikeslip didn't enterheadscratch.gif
  • ultravoxultravox Registered Users Posts: 776 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2007
    Dunno know but I was close to let it go by. But then I realize that even if my photo will not stand up to the value of SF1 I must take the opportunity. I can not imagine a better way to learn. Now that the steam is off, good luck all.thumb.gif
    Cristian.
    [SIZE=-1]It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice. - John Lennon.[/SIZE]
  • DalantechDalantech Registered Users Posts: 1,519 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2007
    Good luck to everyone -it's been an honor and a privilege competing with you! thumb.gif
    My SmugMug Gallery

Looking for tips on macro photography? Check out my Blog: No Cropping Zone.
    edited May 28, 2007
    Dalantech wrote:
    Good luck to everyone -it's been an honor and a privilege competing with you! thumb.gif

15524779-Ti.gif Thank you to everyone. What's amazing is that everyone who is competing against each other is also so willing to also help each other, not only getting help from those who are not competing (but equally talented). It's extremely helpful and humbling to get everyone's feedback - even though I was sad to see my "chicken nugget wannabes" get 'voted' off rolleyes1.gif
  • amy wilburnamy wilburn Registered Users Posts: 83 Big grins
    edited May 28, 2007
    pemmett wrote:
    15524779-Ti.gif Thank you to everyone. What's amazing is that everyone who is competing against each other is also so willing to also help each other, not only getting help from those who are not competing (but equally talented). It's extremely helpful and humbling to get everyone's feedback - even though I was sad to see my "chicken nugget wannabes" get 'voted' off rolleyes1.gif

there's a really nice group of people, I think, here at dgrin and smugmug

I'm really enjoying all this stuff. Good luck to everyone in SF1. bowdown.gif Your pics are great!

amy:)
  • GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2007
    Such fantastic entries! I know I wasn't the only one who found the last two weeks physically and emotionally draining! It's been so exciting watching what each of you has entered. I've thought about every one, how it was shot, picturing you in my mind out there shooting it. It's been really inspiring.

Best of luck to you all!
    Emily
    Emily
    Psalm 62:5-6

• sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2007
    I've thought about every one, how it was shot, picturing you in my mind out there shooting it.

That is neat because that too is how I look at each image... imagining the photographer in the environment, what they were thinking at the time, the lighting etc...

It certainly has been fun to see this one develop and I'm with Nikolai I would not want to be a judge this round either.
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2007
    I'm also having trouble coming up with 10 favorite entries. The judges have a tough job, for sure! The entire SF thread is a delight to view.

The camaraderie and sportsmanship that I've witnessed thus far has been truly amazing. I hope that this is a trend that continues throughout the competition. As odd as this sounds, at times it's almost seemed like a team competition of sorts where it's "us" versus "the judges".

Anyway, good luck to all who entered!!! :D
  • BistiArtBistiArt Registered Users Posts: 307 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2007
    Keep 'Em Comin'
    Yep, SF1 has been another eye opener...

Its been a challenge in so many ways; I hope we have all learned from this somewaht planet driven experience. What do I do when there is no judge to teel me what to think or shoot? Seems that's the big question?

I have taken good if not better pictures, most of them off topic since topics temporally conflict w some long term shootin' objectives.

Nevertheless, Congratulations to ALL!

LPS has become a 1st thing checked in the mawnin' - Yall keep 'em comin'!
    Joe

[FONT=&quot]As You Think, So Shall You BE... Rumi, 13th Century Persian Poet

Award-Winning Photography, Workshop Instructor, Storyteller, Writer

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Blog: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Pathways of Light[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] Workshops: Creating Fine Art Magic[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Book: Paths of Light [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Workshops: 2011 Lightroom 3 Workshops
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Galleries, Bisti Art
    [/FONT]
  • NanaMoNanaMo Registered Users Posts: 189 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2007
    Ohmigosh!!!!
    mwink.gif

Thank you so much to all that have such kind words and support. bowdown.gif

My brain was on the verge of exploding over the last 2 weeks....every time I thought I had the "perfect" photo...poof...something happened and I was on the hunt again. I know from the comments of others they (and their families) we all went through the same brain exercises.

So, once again while anticipating the "perfect" picture at the sheep dog trials...I found the horse race!!! You just never know....do you?

Best of luck to all and here we go on that wonderful ride again...#6!!!

rolleyes1.gifwings.gifclap

Maureen