Options

Old Masters Background

LightWriterLightWriter Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited February 18, 2005 in Finishing School
Hi, does anyone know how or a good tut on creating an "old masters" type background in photoshop?

Thanks,
Alice

Comments

• Options
    bhambham Registered Users Posts: 1,303 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2005
    Hi, does anyone know how or a good tut on creating an "old masters" type background in photoshop?

Thanks,
    Alice
    If I new what an "old masters" type background was, then maybe I could help you. I suspect that could be the reason no one has responded yet.

Could you describe it or give a link to an example.
    "A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2005
    Yeah, I agree. Do you have an example of what you mean, LW?
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2005
    bham wrote:
    If I new what an "old masters" type background was, then maybe I could help you. I suspect that could be the reason no one has responded yet.

Could you describe it or give a link to an example.
    I was wondering the same thing. So I did a little googling and found this.
    Pierce Old Masters painted canvas backgrounds are ideal for many different portrait and commercial applications. We use a high-tech double primed European mural canvas and 100% acrylic paints, to insure years of trouble free use.

MA582.jpg

Am I close? If I am, then I can see why you'd want to make your own. An 8x8 is about $400USD. Or is it some sort of cigar?
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    LightWriterLightWriter Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited February 18, 2005
    Fish...you got it. I apologize for not being more explicit in describing Old Masters type backgrounds. I like those much more than fake scenics and I can't afford the hundreds and sometimes thousands of dollars that a real one would cost. So, I thought maybe someone with some Painter or Photoshop savvy could give me some pointers on making a digital one.

Thanks everyone,
    Alice