Ok, I tagged a couple of my photos that are password protected - logged out then . .

episodicepisodic Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
edited May 29, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I find this really strange.

I tagged a couple of my photos.

These photos are in a password protected folder.

I LOGGED OUT.

I searched for the tags.

They came up.

When I click on "see photos in gallery" - then a password prompt comes up. . .

You guys really need to spell out what is going on with the permissions and the new islands thing. I'm glad I tested this on a limited basis before tagging lots of my photos. . .

So someone not logged in as me can search and see my password protected photos that are tagged?

Comments

• bwgbwg Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,119 SmugMug Employee
    edited May 28, 2007
    episodic wrote:

I LOGGED OUT.

I searched for the tags.

They came up.

You guys really need to spell out what is going on with the permissions and the new islands thing. I'm glad I tested this on a limited basis before tagging lots of my photos. . .

So someone not logged in as me can search and see my password protected photos that are tagged?
    No, you shouldnt see the photos that are in the password protected gallery. I've verified that password protected photos are not showing up in keyword galleries on my site. Try clearing your cookies.
    Pedal faster
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2007
    episodic wrote:

I LOGGED OUT.

I searched for the tags.

They came up.

Before you change anything, what are the keywords? I'd like to search for them. You can PM me your site and the keywords.
  • episodicepisodic Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
    edited May 28, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Before you change anything, what are the keywords? I'd like to search for them. You can PM me your site and the keywords.

In your pm box. . .

I did clear my cookies - with the same result.
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2007
    I keyworded a whole bunch of photos in passworded galleries and they
    showed in my main keyword listing only logged in. Shame those don't get
    amended to the KW list after entering password, would be great for family.mwink.gif
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
    edited May 28, 2007
    Hi, I've looked tonight, and I'm checking on a few things. Back to you on Tuesday, okay? Thanks for your patience :D
    edited May 29, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Hi, I've looked tonight, and I'm checking on a few things. Back to you on Tuesday, okay? Thanks for your patience :D
    OK so go look for the keyword "choir" now on your site. Do it from a logged out browser (different browser than you used yesterday even better)...

- Andy