Options

Hi

LorriLorri Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
edited May 28, 2007 in People
Just wanted to say hi,I am lorri,from Queensland Australia am have just been given a Canon Rebel and wanted to learn about taking photos,I have always had a camera,nothing flash but am the one in the family who takes all the photos.So I guess I want to know how do you know if you have a good eye? I might be ok, but I am thinking about doing a course,and trying to maybe sell some of my photos.Might be going too fast ,so any advice would be great.Cheers lorri

Comments

• Options
    SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2007
    Lorri...I would first advise you to post some pictures with your new camera. Secondly, don't be offended when people here give you some critiques...it's the only way you're going to learn. Thirdly, make sure you know the difference between aperture, shutter speed, WB, ISO and EV exposure. And lastly, just take a bunch of pictures, and also take a look at the work of others here on this forum. I think everyone has a different view of what looks good, and not everyone is going to have the same eyes that you do - so for what it's worth, just experiment.

I've noticed that there are a whole bunch of great photographers here on this forum, and sometimes I get a little depressed at their level of shooting. But in order for you to get better, you'll just have to start clicking away. Get your family members to pose for you.

I think you'll like it here...I know I do.

Good Luck...now start posting some pictures, and if you ever have problems...just PM me...I'll help you post some.

Senecathumb.gif
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2007
    Lorri wrote:
    Just wanted to say hi,I am lorri,from Queensland Australia am have just been given a Canon Rebel and wanted to learn about taking photos,I have always had a camera,nothing flash but am the one in the family who takes all the photos.So I guess I want to know how do you know if you have a good eye? I might be ok, but I am thinking about doing a course,and trying to maybe sell some of my photos.Might be going too fast ,so any advice would be great.Cheers lorri
    Welcome! clap.gif
    Dring *loves* Aussies! iloveyou.gif

To start up, simply remember a couple of mantras: "Less is more" and "Light accross".
    And "it's not the camera, it the photographer".
    And, of course, "it's all in the glass".
    Clear as mud? mwink.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    LorriLorri Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited May 28, 2007
    thanks
    Thanks,I have just put 2 photos on the whipping post so have a look,I can't remember how I got the second one like that,it's an old one I did.
    lorri