Comments

• Options
    lynnesitelynnesite Registered Users Posts: 747 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2005
    lynnesite wrote:
    I'll have to uncrop this one from 3:4
    15582163-M.jpg
    the second is uncropped

Oh, shoot, I'm off by one day. Oh, well. I'll find some others to shoot.
  • Options
    NirNir Registered Users Posts: 1,400 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2005
    Both beautiful!

Nir Alon

images of my thoughts
  • Options
    hqsbudhqsbud Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited February 10, 2005
    Gorgeous. I dream of the day I can take equine photos like these. Equine Photographer's Network and people on this site sure do help.
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2005
    ... lynn you take a nice photo of a horse !

Pity you can get the smell...i recon they even smell better than cows !
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2005
    Oh I love the three in a row.. lovel the other one too but the second one made me exclaim out loud (always a sign for me) rolleyes1.gifclap.gif
  • Options
    edited February 10, 2005
    lynnma wrote:
    Oh I love the three in a row.. lovel the other one too but the second one made me exclaim out loud (always a sign for me) rolleyes1.gifclap.gif

Thanks, guys--you bet, horses smell great-always, well, unless they roll in their pee or poop spot. umph.gif

The "my three sons" shot is of yearlings, soooo cute and adorable. All of the Icelandics seem to be highly human-oriented. I crawled through the fence and ran down the hill, hoping to shoot them at the top. No such luck, they all ran down to me wanting attention and scritches. Later they had races around their paddock, and I got to shoot that from outside--when the three youngest saw me, they crowded each other to trot up to me. Can't "direct" these kinds of models, so I was delighted with the shot.

Too bad BOTH are ineligible, shot on Sunday, darn it.

'Gus, horses are my specialty. Hung my shingle out 2 years ago, but didn't get a dSLR until the 8th month into it. EPnet and IHPA are great resources particularly for the business-part.

Lynne
  • Options
    edited February 17, 2005
    wimped out and did flowers and motocross today. The sun wasn't out for the motocross, maybe Sunday there will be more colorful images.

16029468-M.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 20, 2005
    Well this week has been a challenge. Hard drive crash from running it out of space twice (8 mpx vs 6 and not paying attention!)and believing the diags report that all was well. I lost the originals from 3 shoots within 24 hrs, including the flower shots, some motocross and horsestuff. So I'm oriented towards humor instead of sweetness or pathos. Especially with day after day of torrential rains, yeah, I know that's where the flowers come from :P

Entered this one pending any other advice.
    16205194-M.jpg
    also like this one, but which is predominant, gray or brown? Guess it's both so it doesn't qualify:
    16204994-M.jpg
    Same with this one, is green predominant or yellow?
    16136147-M.jpg
    and my mood upon discovering the corrupted drive: black! 2 weeks of incoming e-mail lost...but I guess black isn't a color.

16206230-M.jpg
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2005
    this is my favorite... made me laugh out loud.. well done..

16205194-S.jpg
    I love your horse pics..rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited February 20, 2005
    very nice Lynn. I've tried my hand at horses and have found their hair likes to absorb light. difficult work but you've pulled it off nicely.

i also love the clouds shot. looks like a light arrow piercing the darkness.
  • Options
    snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2005
    I love this one!

16205194-S.jpg

Cool catch! I never knew horses could be so funny! You do a great job of capturing the humor.

thumb.gif
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
  • Options
    edited February 20, 2005
    snapapple wrote:
    I love this one!

16205194-S.jpg

Cool catch! I never knew horses could be so funny! You do a great job of capturing the humor.

thumb.gif

That is the one I entered, thanks Snappy, Angelo and Lynn! I've sent out around 200 postcards since Twix's birth, and they're rather photojournalistic as a whole with plenty of humor. IMO Most horses have a well-developed sense of whimsy! Here's today's bit of humor:
    16209389-M.jpg