Options

My Baby Girl

DI-JoeDI-Joe Registered Users Posts: 368 Major grins
edited May 30, 2007 in People
Some of my best photography has been of my daughter. Maybe it's just because she's so darn adorable or what. I don't know. Kids are easy to photograph being cute because when they're not monsters they can really be sweet.

Enjoy, comments and critique's welcome.

278560762_37ef1275b5.jpg
This one looks superimposed, but that's actually the real reflection in my daughter's eye super saturated. She's got really smooth cornea.

273457734_8c44e2c412.jpg
Shot this at a random time when I went to pick her up from daycare.

295058181_08dc7240a4.jpg
She looks so grown up here, just chillin with dad, eatin' a fry.

295060673_f2cf2e0649.jpg
Oh Noes!!! I'm on teh intarw3b!!11

295487951_e3ad6db242.jpg
Here she is showing me something.

381772116_41ae180d4f.jpg
SShhhhh... sleepytime bean.

Just as one final BTW... Flickr's links are all broken, so I'm not linking back to the site as per their TOS. So I'm not out trying to break the rules. :)
Modus Imagery
Moving away from photography and into cinema. PM me if you have questions about DSLR workflow or production questions.
Film Reel: http://vimeo.com/19955876

Comments

• Options
    edited May 30, 2007
    ooo, no love for the new guy. :) my one free bump. clap.gif
    Modus Imagery
    Moving away from photography and into cinema. PM me if you have questions about DSLR workflow or production questions.
  • Options
    gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2007
    DI-Joe wrote:
    I really like this one, have you tried a square crop on it instead? There is nothing on the sides that is adding any interest here. Good job on the B&W conversion also.
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • Options
    ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2007
    #1 is really good, but I think your watermark (which is pretty small and unassuming on the others) really detracts from this image because it looks similar to the reflection in her eye. My eye keeps going to it.

Very sweet expression in #2. The others are very nice snaps of your beautiful daughter! thumb.gif

Welcome to dgrin! wave.gif
    Chris
  • Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited May 30, 2007
    gluwater wrote:
    I really like this one, have you tried a square crop on it instead? There is nothing on the sides that is adding any interest here. Good job on the B&W conversion also.

273457734_8c44e2c412.jpg

I agree-

cute!-
  • Options
    k2butterk2butter Registered Users Posts: 259 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2007
    I really like the shots of your daughter. My best are of my daughter too, mostly for comfort reasons. I love the first one.
  • Options
    edited May 30, 2007
    ChrisJ wrote:
    #1 is really good, but I think your watermark (which is pretty small and unassuming on the others) really detracts from this image because it looks similar to the reflection in her eye. My eye keeps going to it.

Very sweet expression in #2. The others are very nice snaps of your beautiful daughter! thumb.gif

Welcome to dgrin! wave.gif

Yeah, ya know, i noticed the same thing. Unfortunately, I don't have the originals anymore. Thusly, I don't watermark as heavily anymore if at all. I know I made them, respectible ppl will know I made them.. I can only hope.
    Modus Imagery