LPS#6 - Is this idea worth developing?

2»

Comments

• LiquidAirLiquidAir Registered Users Posts: 1,751 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2007
    DaveK wrote:
    Very creative and I agree on the title being perfect.

Thanks. My orginal title was just "Rule" which I felt left room for a few more interpretations, but it was clearly too vague. "Bending the Rule" gets to the heart of the matter much quicker.
    edited June 1, 2007
    i love the last one - helps with the shadow lightened. thumb.gif

Thanks! My theory was that it was actually the hard edge on the shadow that drew the eye so I just blurred it out a bit. I did also dodge the darkest parts of the shadow a bit.
  • sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2007
    LiquidAir wrote:
    Thanks! My theory was that it was actually the hard edge on the shadow that drew the eye so I just blurred it out a bit. I did also dodge the darkest parts of the shadow a bit.

Yep it does work, either that or I'm getting used to it mwink.gif
  • JillGJillG Registered Users Posts: 285 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2007
    Wow this is so cool. both the idea and the photo. (the latest version ) I think the colors work very well as they are. The reddish guy and the yellow ruler on a sandy plywood "floor" and all the black background and black numbers combine very well.:D

Jill
    Jill
    edited June 2, 2007
    sherstone wrote:
    Yep it does work, either that or I'm getting used to it mwink.gif

Heh. Those kinds of issues are so easy to ignore once you get used to them. Sometimes I wish I had that little "forget device" from the movie Men in Black so I could look at my photos with fresh eyes again. You've got a good eye--thanks for getting me off my duff to do something about corner.
    edited June 2, 2007
    JillG wrote:
    Wow this is so cool. both the idea and the photo. (the latest version ) I think the colors work very well as they are. The reddish guy and the yellow ruler on a sandy plywood "floor" and all the black background and black numbers combine very well.:D

Jill

Thanks. I had major reservations about the original version of this shot (many of which are expressed in this thread) which prompted the fishing expdition that was my original post. None-the-less, many of the responses encouraged me to perservere. When I started I was not as all sure how to recover a sense of order from the overly cluttered original, but I got a major lesson in subtle color shifts from shersone's processing of Rail Meat and I am still amazed at what they pulled out of this shot.