code corrupted?

dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
edited May 29, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Just got this message when trying to load a page on my website-- it's in the upper left corner of the page:

79634620.jpg

Here's the gallery link:

http://www.petespringer.com/gallery/2777522#147913138

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
website blog instagram facebook g+

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2007
    dogwood wrote:
    Just got this message when trying to load a page on my website-- it's in the upper left corner of the page:

79634620.jpg

Here's the gallery link:

http://www.petespringer.com/gallery/2777522#147913138

Pete, what browser are you seeing this with?
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,341 moderator
    edited May 29, 2007
    Interesting. I just went to the page you linked in your post, and it displayed for me without showing any errors. Looks OK here... (I'm running IE7 on WindowsXP if that matters.)

smugmug seems very slow to me this afternoon - I noticed the lack of speed on my site, and yours is exhibiting the same behavior.

--- Denise
  • {JT}{JT} Registered Users Posts: 1,016 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2007
    That is not something we did or are in control of. I would start by taking a look at all the external javascript you are loading. Also, I just checked and that error does not show for me in FF2.
  • dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2007
    {JT} wrote:
    That is not something we did or are in control of. I would start by taking a look at all the external javascript you are loading. Also, I just checked and that error does not show for me in FF2.
    External javascript? headscratch.gif

JT, I'm just a bonehead, average internet user. I have no idea how to check the external javascript I'm loading. The computer gets turned on, I open the browser, and click to websites. Something in there must be loading external javascript? headscratch.gif

Andy... the browser is Camino. Yes, I know Camino isn't supported by SM. But I do use it all the time with ZERO problems. Just wanted to point out something weird that was happening and the message that I was getting. Never seen that message in the two years I've been surfing SM using camino. Just trying to provide a little background in case it's helpful. I was definitely noticing the slowness too-- and that was on a T1 connection (so for once it wasn't comcast :D) . The error message is gone now (and that's still using Camino).

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2007
    dogwood wrote:
    Yes, I know Camino isn't supported by SM.

None of us see the error message in any of our supported browsers, FF, IE6/7 or Safari. If you can recreate it, let us know, also the exact steps you take to recreate. Sorry I don't have a better answer for you, Pete :(
  • rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2007
    I checked all of your page (all .js files etc.) and found the one responsible, even though I don't see the message on your page:
    It's from your statcounter code (http://www.statcounter.com/counter/counter.js):
    "// if no usr or project set then display visibile
    // if usr=="someuser" then display visibile
    if(sc_error==1) {
    document.writeln("Code corrupted. Insert fresh copy.");"

Looks like you have to check with the statcounter page and replace the code.

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2007
    I checked all of your page (all .js files etc.) and found the one responsible, even though I don't see the message on your page:
    It's from your statcounter code (http://www.statcounter.com/counter/counter.js):
    "// if no usr or project set then display visibile
    // if usr=="someuser" then display visibile
    if(sc_error==1) {
    document.writeln("Code corrupted. Insert fresh copy.");"

Looks like you have to check with the statcounter page and replace the code.

Sebastian:

Aaahhh... this is helpful! So it doesn't appear to be a SM (or browser) problem-- it's the code for statcounter. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction!