Batter Up! Yanks vs. Sox

traunerktraunerk Registered Users Posts: 513 Major grins
edited June 2, 2007 in Sports
Had the opportunity to sit in some prime seats for the Yanks-Sox on May 22 (unfortunately for me, good for the Beaners - the Yanks lost). Since I was sitting right next to the photography box, the shooter for the New York Post noticed my Canon and asked if I wanted to borrow his 300mm 2.8 for a couple of shots - think I said no? All others taken with the 70-300DO IS...

Here's one shot (more at http://www.kt.smugmug.com/gallery/2919907#157352269 )

Regards...Keith

157352533-L.jpg
Beam me outta here!:winkKT

Comments

• HoofClixHoofClix Registered Users Posts: 1,156 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2007
    From One Envious Red Sock!
    "These tendencies are not choices, they are chosen for us from a very young age...." Old Man Yawkey

Nice shots! I hope you enjoyed them! At least you took one of those games!
    Mark
    www.HoofClix.com / Personal Facebook / Facebook Page
    and I do believe its true.. that there are roads left in both of our shoes..
  • ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2007
    Nice clear shot. I'm thinking that may be 300 is all i need for shooting football games. I really want something longer, but based on what i see it might be suffiicient. ne_nau.gif
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2007
    Keith - I checked out your gallery and you have a tons of really nice shots! You had great seats and did a really good job, it must have been fun. thumb.gif Nice shot of Matsui at the dish, and some good one's of Manny and Ortiz, too.

I see you also noticed Tina Cervacio from NESN.mwink.gif
    1153235946_7461.jpg

She's not bad, but I'll take Hazel Mae (NESN in-studio anchor) myself...:D
    1138295422_6442.jpg
  • traunerktraunerk Registered Users Posts: 513 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2007
    Thanks...
    I had a blast, and my son was in awe. Only downside is next time i get seats in the rafters, my kids are going to think I was punished...

regards...Keith
    edited June 2, 2007
    Thanks...
    [would have brought my 400mm, but i don't think they would have let it into the stadium. 70-300DO IS was the best I could do, but that photog was awfully nice lending me his $4000 lens for a few shots!

Regards...Keith

quote=ShepsMom]Nice clear shot. I'm thinking that may be 300 is all i need for shooting football games. I really want something longer, but based on what i see it might be suffiicient. ne_nau.gif[/quote]
    edited June 2, 2007
    Dj -
    I was sitting with a guy from beantown who pointed her out and said, "I'd really like a shot of her..." so I happily obliged...

Regards...Keith
    DJ-S1 wrote:
    Keith - I checked out your gallery and you have a tons of really nice shots! You had great seats and did a really good job, it must have been fun. thumb.gif Nice shot of Matsui at the dish, and some good one's of Manny and Ortiz, too.

I see you also noticed Tina Cervacio from NESN.mwink.gif
    1153235946_7461.jpg

She's not bad, but I'll take Hazel Mae (NESN in-studio anchor) myself...:D
    1138295422_6442.jpg