Options

"Mareros" Photographs!

B://B:// Registered Users Posts: 274 Major grins
edited June 1, 2007 in Other Cool Shots
We call them that way, to gangster in Guatemala, I have a couple shots to be edited, I leave you with this one I liked it, hope you enjoy it, C&C are welcome :D Thanks for reading.

Tatuajes 600x400.jpg

B://
"... anger, frustration, deception, loneliness are its meal... don't feed him" - Donatto on Zeoneth

Comments

• Options
    ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2007
    Interesting. So what is this guy doing and where is he at?
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2007
    B:// wrote:
    We call them that way, to gangster in Guatemala, I have a couple shots to be edited, I leave you with this one I liked it, hope you enjoy it, C&C are welcome :D Thanks for reading.
    B://

The shot doesn't actually do much for me, I like the light across his back, but not the light on the top of his head its, a little too bright.

I look at this shot and say hmmmm okay the guy has is back to the camera, hands up as if he is actually grooming himself, other than that, it doesn't tell me anything except that he has a lot of tattoos ?

... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2007
    Intresting
    i will like to know more about him mwink.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    B://B:// Registered Users Posts: 274 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2007
    First of all thank you very much for the comments :D

Mmmm he wasn't doing anything, he was just posing for me :D and it was inside a factory where they get work as part of a program to help them to be part of the society again, they were new there, just out of prison, and I asked for a picture.

He wasn't showing his faca because of his identity, they don't like to be recognized because of their criminal records.

About the light, it was hard, as I didn't have a flash unit, and the only source of light was a small window on the top of that wall. Not having a fill light can be stressing (I hate built-in flashes, so I don't use them, not even when I need a fill light), but I took it anyway, and what I tried to reflect or express with this picture was: Nothing. It's just a portrait of a man that has had a very rough life, a man that has killed people, a man that loves too as he's a proud parent of a 3 year old girl.

Thanks for all the comments, and here's another picture I took that day of another man :D Hope you like it.

Tatuajes 2 600x400.jpg

P.S. I did a little bleach bypassed technique simulation on PS to both.
    "... anger, frustration, deception, loneliness are its meal... don't feed him" - Donatto on Zeoneth