Options

The Delta Queen

nightshadownightshadow Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
edited May 31, 2007 in Landscapes
IMG_2514.jpg
The Delta Queen went by yesterday afternoon, in full sunlight. I played with the curves to get this effect.

Comments

• Options
    ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2007
    It's a nice shot, but for my taste, there is too much water? I personally would crop tighter on the bottom and have it as landscape shot. But, i don't know if you had something different in mind. :D
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • Options
    edited May 30, 2007
    ShepsMom wrote:
    It's a nice shot, but for my taste, there is too much water? I personally would crop tighter on the bottom and have it as landscape shot. But, i don't know if you had something different in mind. :D
    I kept the water for the reflection. Without that I would have cropped it too.
    Thanks
  • Options
    BeaKeRBeaKeR Registered Users Posts: 112 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2007
    Wow, I think you may have gone a bit too far with the curves on this one. The trees in the background are pretty much just black, and more of the boat is bright white. I think you should tone it down a bit if at all possible.

I actually kind of like the foreground water effect. Of course it would be awesome to get a "still water" reflection of the boat, but you usually don't find still water in the same area as large moving boats.
  • Options
    edited May 31, 2007
    Since the boat is on the Mississippi River, the odds of catching the water in a glassy state are not good, at least this far north. The reason the trees are dark is that I was faking twilight, hence the glowing boat against a dark background.