Gladiolus Abstract

monkeydeusmonkeydeus Registered Users Posts: 44 Big grins
edited May 31, 2007 in Holy Macro
Either I posted this in the wrong thread before, or this picture's sense of self-importance is way overinflated. Please break it to him gently if so. I'd appreciate any C & C, good or bad. Thanks!

157645347-O.jpg

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2007
    monkeydeus wrote:
    Either I posted this in the wrong thread before, or this picture's sense of self-importance is way overinflated. Please break it to him gently if so. I'd appreciate any C & C, good or bad. Thanks!

Hi there.......... looks good as an abstract, love the colour :D

Even though I know its a flower, its like looking down a throat rolleyes1.gif
    I like it thumb.gif ... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • davidweaverdavidweaver Registered Users Posts: 681 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2007
    Simply beautiful. A wall hanger to me. That's 5 of 5 stars. Lovely lighting color, composition. It al works for me.
  • monkeydeusmonkeydeus Registered Users Posts: 44 Big grins
    edited May 31, 2007
    Thanks David, thanks Skippy. I really enjoy getting shots like this.

Skippy: Throat- One thing I thought made this kind of interesting is that instead of a literal path that you see winding across the image, it is an implied path, going into the image. That's something I want to explore more in other contexts. I thought the three little pistils looked like little aliens, but if it is a throat, then they are teeth :)