casio exilim 1050 digicam

denverjimdenverjim Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
edited May 31, 2007 in Cameras
Anybody own one?

I bought one a few weeks ago and the images are really soft. I exchanged it for a new one and it is soft also. I talked to Casio tech support and they had me reset the camera. It seems better but not great.

Does anyone have any experience with this model? I used my sisters 7mp Casio and it was great. Cnet rated it high, so I got the 10 mp, thinking it would be great.

I have been seeing some stuff about larger files "overpowering" the sensors

Thanks,
Jim

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,078 moderator
    edited May 31, 2007
    denverjim wrote:
    Anybody own one?

I bought one a few weeks ago and the images are really soft. I exchanged it for a new one and it is soft also. I talked to Casio tech support and they had me reset the camera. It seems better but not great.

Does anyone have any experience with this model? I used my sisters 7mp Casio and it was great. Cnet rated it high, so I got the 10 mp, thinking it would be great.

I have been seeing some stuff about larger files "overpowering" the sensors

Thanks,
    Jim
    I don't have one, but the few image samples I could find on the Internet seem to show reduced contrast. I suspect part of the reason for this is to reduce the emphasis and incidence of noise in the image.

If you look at this image:

http://www.trustedreviews.com/images/article/inline/4509-CasioZ1050detailfull.jpg

... you see an already low contrast scene, which lacks any "punch" compared to many digicams. If you increase contrast and saturation, I suspect that you can realize a very nice image. High ISO images will probably also require some noise reduction software processing for best results.

Also read this article, which includes some information from our own Chris MacAskill.

http://news.com.com/More+megapixels,+better+photos+Fact+or+fiction/2100-1041_3-6156398.html
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums