PA wildflower with shadow of itself...

Tessa HDTessa HD Registered Users Posts: 852 Major grins
edited June 1, 2007 in Holy Macro
I was pleased with how the shadow on this one turned out. It would have even been better if I had released the shutter a few seconds sooner when the sun was slightly brighter. Sorry, don't know the name....

comments/critique are welcome - any thoughts on composition? should I burn the b/g?

158046833-L.jpg
Love to dream, and dream in color.

www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com
www.printandportfolio.com
This summer's wilderness photography project: www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com/gallery/3172341

Comments

• Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2007
    Beautiful flower
    I think it is too much off center
    May be only a flower and one leaf with a shadow will look fine headscratch.gif
    clap.giflovely
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2007
    Tessa HD wrote:
    I was pleased with how the shadow on this one turned out. It would have even been better if I had released the shutter a few seconds sooner when the sun was slightly brighter. Sorry, don't know the name....

comments/critique are welcome - any thoughts on composition? should I burn the b/g?

I like the shadow too Tessa :D
    I'd love to see a closer shot of the actual flower, it looks very pretty thumb.gif
    ... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2007
    Nice capture Tessa!! How about tighter crop to bring out just a flower and a leave with the shadow? thumb.gif
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • Tessa HDTessa HD Registered Users Posts: 852 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2007
    Thank you for the feedback. As I work with this picture more, I can see it's not up to par for quality. The flower should be much sharper. However, my window was so small to capture it and I like the dof, I want to try to salvage this as it could look good as long as it's not enlarged too big! That being said, how do you feel about this rework?

158265505-L.jpg
    Love to dream, and dream in color.

www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com
    www.printandportfolio.com
    This summer's wilderness photography project: www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com/gallery/3172341
  • DalantechDalantech Registered Users Posts: 1,519 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2007
    Actually I think the light is perfect! Any brighter and you'd possibly lose the color. Well done! thumb.gif
    My SmugMug Gallery

Looking for tips on macro photography? Check out my Blog: No Cropping Zone.