Jenny's humble try, any and all comments welcome

JennyJenny Registered Users Posts: 96 Big grins
edited February 12, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
I took these yesterday while my kids were napping...not too much time to play with the camera so they are really just a start. My husband wasn't too crazy about them. ( I used dirty legos:rofl ) Anyway...let me know what you think.

Comments

• JennyJenny Registered Users Posts: 96 Big grins
    edited February 10, 2005
    This is the second one...
    edited February 10, 2005
    Oh yeah, I didn't crop at all in PS. I adjusted the color levels slightly and compresed the image size until it would fit on this attachment, but thats it.
  • ChristianChristian Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
    edited February 10, 2005
    I think the first photo has the better composition. I think it's how the edges of the blocks all draw the eye to the center of the photo. I like!
    edited February 10, 2005
    thanks for the input Christian! Between the two I was leaning more towards that one too.
  • dkoyanagidkoyanagi Registered Users Posts: 656 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2005
    Hi Jenny,
    I like the first one too. Here are some suggestions you might want to try. Try using uniform colored blocks in nice neat rows so the knobs all line up. Try using aperture priority and setting the camera on a wider aperture to get a shallower depth of field. Keep experimenting, see what you come up with. thumb.gif
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited February 11, 2005
    My sentiments, exactly! :D

dkoyanagi wrote:
    Hi Jenny,
    I like the first one too. Here are some suggestions you might want to try. Try using uniform colored blocks in nice neat rows so the knobs all line up. Try using aperture priority and setting the camera on a wider aperture to get a shallower depth of field. Keep experimenting, see what you come up with. thumb.gif
    edited February 11, 2005
    thanks for the input everyone! I went outside today and took a few shots, let me know what you think. I will try the suggestion with the blocks, but they are a little tough...I don't have a tripod and the camera has to really be zoomed in or i can't even manually focus it :cry ...so needless to say getting a clear shot is tough. Anywho, tell me if any of these are "challenge worthy". Be brutally honest, its the only way I will ever learn.:D
    edited February 11, 2005
    slightly different
    edited February 11, 2005
    Does this one have too many colors do you think?
    edited February 11, 2005
    My son made snow angels for the first time today. This one might be a little too boring though....ne_nau.gif
    edited February 11, 2005
    I think I might like this one the best. But I still like the bows....I am in need of an expert opinion.:confused
    edited February 11, 2005
    ok ok....way too many pictures I know. After careful consideration...I decided that I'm not too wild about the cat eye. But I just keep looking at this picture of my son looking through the snow fort window, and well, there is just something about it. (maybe it's just a mother's love of her son) I am actually almost leaning more towards this one now...I am so fickle. Forget I ever put up the cat picture...lol.:crazy I am in such a nutty mood today.
    edited February 11, 2005
    Jenny wrote:
    ok ok....way too many pictures I know. After careful consideration...I decided that I'm not too wild about the cat eye. But I just keep looking at this picture of my son looking through the snow fort window, and well, there is just something about it. (maybe it's just a mother's love of her son) I am actually almost leaning more towards this one now...I am so fickle. Forget I ever put up the cat picture...lol.:crazy I am in such a nutty mood today.
    Are you calling me a mother? You must be... because I also think there is "just something about it"! This is a wonderful picture. I can't speak to the rules of color predominance but who cares! Great job! clap.gif
    edited February 11, 2005
    Angelo wrote:
    Are you calling me a mother? You must be... because I also think there is "just something about it"! This is a wonderful picture. I can't speak to the rules of color predominance but who cares! Great job! clap.gif
    :lol4
    Thanks by the way, that really means a lot.
    edited February 11, 2005
    ok, I have it narrowed down to 2, I had decided on the picture of my son and then my husband saw this one and he really thinks that this one would fit the contest better. sigh.:bash
    edited February 11, 2005
    Now would the tree be blue or brown? My husband thinks blue, i'd say brown. Such issues. I would go with blue for my son (blue eyes, blue coat). Oh well, I'll frame up both of them and see what happens.:)
    edited February 11, 2005
    Jenny wrote:
    ok, I have it narrowed down to 2, I had decided on the picture of my son and then my husband saw this one and he really thinks that this one would fit the contest better. sigh.:bash
    I would say the tree photo does NOT fit the challenge. The photo is comprised of two colors of almost equal value, IMHO
    edited February 11, 2005
  • melmel Registered Users Posts: 80 Big grins
    edited February 11, 2005
    Jenny wrote:
    But I just keep looking at this picture of my son looking through the snow fort window, and well, there is just something about it.

I am actually almost leaning more towards this one now...I am so fickle. Forget I ever put up the cat picture....

I definitely agree... the picture (really your subject!) just draws me in. Much more than the cat.
  • dkoyanagidkoyanagi Registered Users Posts: 656 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2005
    Jenny wrote:
    My son made snow angels for the first time today. This one might be a little too boring though....ne_nau.gif
    I like this one. Because of the direction of the light it looks like the angel is rising up out of the snow. thumb.gif
  • RogerRoger Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited February 12, 2005
    mel wrote:
    I definitely agree... the picture (really your subject!) just draws me in. Much more than the cat.
    I am also with you on this one, that kid has a look with a very expressive predominant blue colour thumb.gif

Roger