Watermark on photos but not thumbs

jbeejbee Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins
edited June 5, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I applied my own watermark to two galleries. It appeared on the photos just fine, but not on the thumbs.

What'd I do wrong?

Comments

• ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2007
    jbee wrote:
    I applied my own watermark to two galleries. It appeared on the photos just fine, but not on the thumbs.

What'd I do wrong?
    hello wave.gif

Thumbnails are not watermarked by default. If you want them to be watermarked as well, go in to your control panel and to the custom watermarks.
    Click on edit next to the watermark you want to us, and select the yes mark next to 'thumbs'.

That will do it. You do need to re-apply the watermarks to you images.

Hope this helps. Holler if you have any questions.
  • jbeejbee Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins
    edited June 1, 2007
    ivar wrote:
    hello wave.gif

Thumbnails are not watermarked by default. If you want them to be watermarked as well, go in to your control panel and to the custom watermarks.
    Click on edit next to the watermark you want to us, and select the yes mark next to 'thumbs'.

That will do it. You do need to re-apply the watermarks to you images.

Hope this helps. Holler if you have any questions.

Thanks!
  • BigHotShotBigHotShot Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
    edited June 3, 2007
    My watermark doesn't seem to work at all (more accurately, I can't seem to figure it out).

I made a watermark from a transparent png (looked cool). Made it into a watermark with the photo tools. Named it in the watermark tools. Turned it on (and selected it) in the gallery. Viewed it with a browser that was not logged in to smugmug.

And ... nothing.
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2007
    BigHotShot wrote:
    My watermark doesn't seem to work at all (more accurately, I can't seem to figure it out).

I made a watermark from a transparent png (looked cool). Made it into a watermark with the photo tools. Named it in the watermark tools. Turned it on (and selected it) in the gallery. Viewed it with a browser that was not logged in to smugmug.

And ... nothing.
    They take a bit to show up, how long did you wait?
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • DnaDna Registered Users Posts: 435 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2007
    BigHotShot wrote:

And ... nothing.
    Did you go in and rewatermark the photos ?
    Under Photo Tools menu when in Smugmug View.
    Turning it on in Customise will only apply to new photos, it doesn't watermark ones that are already there.

Andrew
  • BigHotShotBigHotShot Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
    edited June 5, 2007
    Dna wrote:
    Turning it on in Customise will only apply to new photos, it doesn't watermark ones that are already there.

Ahh, it's those little details. Thanks.