FS: Canon 300D + lenses + rangefinder stuff (Canada)

GarethGareth Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
edited June 2, 2007 in House of Canon
I bought this kit as a backup to my 5D as I wanted to get the 5D in to Canon Service but bought an M8 as so this is of no use to me at all. The lenses have never been mounted by me except for a few test shots, inspired by the 135mm, please see below why.

No boxes for any of them, no manual for the 300D. Lenses have some specs of dust, nothing that affects image quality. The 300D has some dust in the viewfinder but it’s cleaner than my 5D. I didn’t bother to clean the sensor. I only use a blower and the clone tool to clean dust anyway.

Canon Digital Rebel – A couple of rotational scuffs around the tripod mount, looks like the previous owner may have had a plate that rubbed it up the wrong way as it were. Silver in colour, no idea how many actuations but if I recall correctly only a couple of thousand at most. A couple of scuffs on top if you hold it up to the light correctly (or I guess incorrectly if you don’t want to see the scuffs. No manual or cable to the charger. Any of the lenses below are available first to the person who wants the camera. I will throw in a 1gb Sandisk Ultra 2 cf card and an extra battery. Price reflects the lack of a cable for the charger. I’ll make sure both batteries are fully charged when I send it to give you a headstart. $320

Canon 18-55mm zoom – kit lens. Previous owner put one of those lens cap keeper things on it. I just didn’t take it off. Other than that it’s got the hallmark loose zoom motion but is a very handy focal length. $65

Canon 17-85mm IS zoom – this lens almost encouraged me to keep the camera. Great focal length on a crop camera, has IS and is equivalent (almost) to the 24-105mm on a full frame camera. Great shots out of the thing too. Hood comes with it. $425

Canon 28-70mm Mark 2 – Has a hood. About the same image quality as the kit lens, better build though I think. $65

Canon 135mm soft focus – the AF is dodgy on this. Assume it doesn’t work and then you won’t be disappointed. Price reflects that. Looks like somebody tried to crank the focus ring while getting confused with the SF ring or having it in AF. These go for around $200-230 on the auction site it seems. $100 for this.

Canon 50/1.8 – Mark 2 - $65

Canon 28/2.8 - $110

Canonet GIII QL17 – Bought this off the bay and never used it. Seller said he had used it and it worked fine. Seals are getting tacky and the rangefinder is off vertically. I’m told that’s an easy adjustment but never managed to work it out. $45

Yashica MG-1 – This was CLA’ed before I bought it, lovely camera, had a couple of rolls of film through it and am tempted to keep it but realistically if I have an M8, when will this get used? $50

Film – had it a couple of months Ilford PanF 50 (May 2007) and Ilford XP2 400 (dated 2004). I’ve had it a month and it’s been in my fridge and I bought it from a going out of business sale so it was in the freezer prior to that. Give me an offer.

Preference will be given to people who want more than one item. I won’t be able to commit immediately to anybody as I’d like to get a few responses to find out who wants multiple items first. Simple reason – lack of time. I’d prefer to ship within Canada and I’d prefer to sell the whole thing together. The only discount is for the person who buys it all, if you’re not that person don’t ask.

All prices are exclusive of shipping and are quoted in US dollars.

If I have to take photos then I’ll do it for the auction site, hoping to avoid that though.