Options

Pricing ? Before/After Pools

MontesaMontesa Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
edited June 4, 2007 in Mind Your Own Business
Hi,

I know that the question of pricing varies greatly, but a neighbor has asked if I would do some before/after photographs for his pool company. I don't have any idea how to price that. He's said he would like digital images for use in advertisements as well as some large prints for his office. From what I understand it's a very new and small company, so budget is probably not large. We're located in Florida and all of the pics would be in the Jacksonville area (travel time would probably average 20 minutes.)

I have sold a few prints, but have VERY limited professional experience and none from a business. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!
Montesa

Comments

• Options
    dragon300zxdragon300zx Registered Users Posts: 2,575 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2007
    Hey Montesa,

Shay Stephens has posted info on a great book to use for figuring out just this kinda thing.

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=19381

Best advice I can give you is to pick up a copy of this book. Basically You need to figure out how much time you think it's going to take you, what they are using it for, what your equipment costs are, etc. And the hardest part is determining how much you think you are worth. But keep in mind they are using these images to make money. They will be charging people a fair (yet profitable) amount of money for their work. So you should be doing the same.....
    Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Do Not Have Film.
    www.zxstudios.com
    http://creativedragonstudios.smugmug.com
  • Options
    MontesaMontesa Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
    edited June 4, 2007
    Thanks!
    Thanks for your reply! I am ordering that book. I did read the article and found it helpful. After reading that, your reply, and speaking with a couple local people I think I have a better idea how to proceed.