Options

LPS#6 - Architecture -or- Smoke?

StrikeslipStrikeslip Registered Users Posts: 102 Major grins
edited June 2, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
Thanks everyone, for picking your favourite in another thread. I was playing with some matches today, and now I'm asking you again... of the below five shots, which do you like best for the LPS#6 Curvy? :scratch

158716740-O.jpg

158716785-O.jpg

158716767-O.jpg

158716757-O.jpg

157906849-O.jpg

Thanks for any comments !!! :D

Comments

• Options
    LiquidAirLiquidAir Registered Users Posts: 1,751 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2007
    As is, the smoke pictures don't really grab me, but I am not entirely sure why. The near-macro point of view and shallow depth of field means there isn't as much detail in the smoke compared to other smoke shots I have seen. Also there is some chromanance noise in the smoke that bothers me. Given these choices, I say architecture but keep working the smoke.
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited June 2, 2007
    I agree with LiquidAir. When I look at the smoke photos, my eye goes to the matches, with all of their detail, instead of the smoke...maybe experiment with lighting for more contrast on the smoke? I first thought maybe you could try a birthday candle to get more color in the shot, but perhaps that is more distracting. headscratch.gif Sorry, I have not yet experimented with smoke photos. I think this has promise and I do really like your architecture shot!

Hope this helps!
  • Options
    richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2007
    Stay with the architecture shot. thumb.gif
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2007
    Stay with the original
    15524779-Ti.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"