Nikon Coolpix P5000

HauerHauer Registered Users Posts: 550 Major grins
edited June 2, 2007 in Cameras
Hi - well I took the plunge today and ordered a P5000 for my wife which hopefully will give her as much satisfaction as her CP3700 did. Naturally there is a benefit for me... I can now "officially" use her CP3700 (with RAW mode, firmware 1.2) when I don't feel like slugging around a dSLR with me!

I had previously bought her a Panasonic FZ5 but she just coulden't get used to the size of it. She always wanted a similar sized camera such as the CP3700 which conveniently fits into her bag.

Yes, yes... I know the AF is a little slow! I did quite a bit of analysing the last couple of days but I do think that based on what the model has to offer, I made the right choice on her behalf.

Just thought I'd mention it as we generally tend to focus only on dSLR's!

Cheers - Herman
My motto: To learn more today, than I knew yesterday!

Nikon gear & some lenses.

Comments

• tsinvesttsinvest Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited June 2, 2007
    Hi - well I took the plunge today and ordered a P5000 for my wife which hopefully will give her as much satisfaction as her CP3700 did. Naturally there is a benefit for me... I can now "officially" use her CP3700 (with RAW mode, firmware 1.2) when I don't feel like slugging around a dSLR with me!

I had previously bought her a Panasonic FZ5 but she just coulden't get used to the size of it. She always wanted a similar sized camera such as the CP3700 which conveniently fits into her bag.

Yes, yes... I know the AF is a little slow! I did quite a bit of analysing the last couple of days but I do think that based on what the model has to offer, I made the right choice on her behalf.

Just thought I'd mention it as we generally tend to focus only on dSLR's!

Cheers - Herman

Good luck with the P5000 Herman. I looked at that one myself, but I already have a Canon SD500 which is terrific for outdoor shots and some indoor. I just bought a Fuji F31fd however for lowlight indoor situations - so far I am very pleased with it (only had it for 3 days).