Options

Batch Processing

DeaconDeacon Registered Users Posts: 239 Major grins
edited February 26, 2004 in Finishing School
Help! Photoshop elements is really easy to batch process to rename or more importantly resize photos for uploading to Smugmug. Just got CS and cannot figure out how to do this on CS. Can anyone walk me through the batch resizing process?

Deacon :scratch :scratch

Comments

• Options
    cletuscletus Registered Users Posts: 1,930 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2004
    I was going to try and give you a step-by-step to follow, I'm horrible when it comes to explaining things. So instead, here is the ball-park answer:

What you need to do is create an Action to resize your images. Once you have the Action recorded, you can then use the File Browser to select which images to apply the Action to.

Some places you might go to get more information:

• Look under Automation in the Photoshop Help
    • ActionFX.com - Great info on Actions
    • CBTCafe.com - A tutorial on batch processing
    I hope this helps!

-Eric
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2004
    Thanks, good link (they're both the same.) I didn't realize I could dictate how many actions the history palette would remember. Woo hoo - up to 40, now.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    cletuscletus Registered Users Posts: 1,930 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    Thanks, good link (they're both the same.) I didn't realize I could dictate how many actions the history palette would remember. Woo hoo - up to 40, now.
    Woops! I don't know how I mangaged to screw that up. I've already fixed my first post, but here are the links again:

ActionFx.com
    CBTCafe