Rally of Canberra [10 IMG]

crgphotographercrgphotographer Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
edited September 17, 2007 in Sports
Just got back from the Rally of Canberra today. The rally is part of both the Asia Pacific Rally Champtionship (APRC) & the Australian Rally Championship (ARC).

Cody Crocker won the APRC event in a Group N Subaru WRX. Simon Evans won the ARC event in a Group N Modified Toyota Corolla.

Shots 1-4 are taken at the famous Mineshaft stage, thus named for the huge drop the drivers go down. Though most take it very carefully you can see those who didn't.

Shots 5-7 are taken from the Pipeline spectator point both during the afternoon (with the cars between the sun and me, argh!) and night.

The last shots were taken at the service park. A wonderful event and nice to go back to an event I have been visiting for many, many years. I hope you enjoy the photos. C&C always welcomed.

Larger gallery will be uploaded tomorrow.

158952210-M.jpg

158952304-M.jpg

158952389-M.jpg

158952471-M.jpg

158952566-M.jpg

158952622-M.jpg

158951853-M.jpg

158952130-M.jpg

158952021-M.jpg

158951942-M.jpg

/craig.
craig coomans | crgphotography | automotive | landscape | motorsport | weddings
[
crgphotography.smugmug.com ]

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2007
    Just got back from the Rally of Canberra today. The rally is part of both the Asia Pacific Rally Champtionship (APRC) & the Australian Rally Championship (ARC).

Cody Crocker won the APRC event in a Group N Subaru WRX. Simon Evans won the ARC event in a Group N Modified Toyota Corolla.

Shots 1-4 are taken at the famous Mineshaft stage, thus named for the huge drop the drivers go down. Though most take it very carefully you can see those who didn't.

Shots 5-7 are taken from the Pipeline spectator point both during the afternoon (with the cars between the sun and me, argh!) and night.

The last shots were taken at the service park. A wonderful event and nice to go back to an event I have been visiting for many, many years. I hope you enjoy the photos. C&C always welcomed.

Larger gallery will be uploaded tomorrow.

/craig.

Wow Craig ..... the airborns look great clap.gifclap.gif
    You got some awesome shots there mate :ivar
    Dunno that I'd be sitting on a fold-away chair that close to a bend in the track with them hurling down it eek7.gif gawwwwwwwd.

Excellent Series, bet you had a great time ..... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • dbaker1221dbaker1221 Registered Users Posts: 4,482 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2007
    really cool shotS!!:ivar
    **If I keep shooting, I'm bound to hit something**
    Dave
  • rallymaniacrallymaniac Registered Users Posts: 119 Major grins
    edited September 17, 2007
    :D very nice work.
    Awesome shots at Mineshaft. Too bad you guys don't have WRC this year.
    I'd so love to come to Australia to explore and take pix