edited June 4, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
Farewell to Memories

159294270-O.jpg

C&C welcome! :thumb
"May the f/stop be with you!"

Comments

• LiquidAirLiquidAir Registered Users Posts: 1,751 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2007
    I like the idea, but I am not the case is the right setting for it. When I first looked at the shot, I saw a red fuzzy guitar, not one fading away; I think a more distinct background would make the effect clearer. Also, setting the shot in this pristine environment makes me think more of a new guitar show room than a guitar with lots of memories.
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2007
    LiquidAir wrote:
    I like the idea, but I am not the case is the right setting for it. When I first looked at the shot, I saw a red fuzzy guitar, not one fading away; I think a more distinct background would make the effect clearer. Also, setting the shot in this pristine environment makes me think more of a new guitar show room than a guitar with lots of memories.

Thanks Ken! thumb.gif

I guess I didn't deliver the message headscratch.gif (I was partially going for "open casket", hence the distinct red/black colors).
    Oh well...ne_nau.gif
    edited June 4, 2007
    Different blend?
    Less fuzzy...

159314839-O.jpg
  • LiquidAirLiquidAir Registered Users Posts: 1,751 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2007
    Nikolai wrote:
    Thanks Ken! thumb.gif

I guess I didn't deliver the message headscratch.gif (I was partially going for "open casket", hence the distinct red/black colors).
    Oh well...ne_nau.gif

Hmmm. Perhaps some white flowers to create more of a funeral setting? I think if you shooting for the funeral of a guitar, you can't go halfway...
    edited June 4, 2007
    LiquidAir wrote:
    Hmmm. Perhaps some white flowers to create more of a funeral setting? I think if you shooting for the funeral of a guitar, you can't go halfway...

I was thinking of that lol3.gif
    Didn't have those around... ne_nau.gif
    Thanks! thumb.gif
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2007
    LiquidAir wrote:

rolleyes1.gif15524779-Ti.gif

Perhaps you can come up with some mourners as well????
    edited June 4, 2007
    richtersl wrote:
    rolleyes1.gif15524779-Ti.gif

Perhaps you can come up with some mourners as well????

lol!

Thanks!thumb.gif
  • Tessa HDTessa HD Registered Users Posts: 852 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2007
    oooo, a guitar is a great idea - nice and curvy! however, i think a different angle would accentuate that curviness better.

Tessa
    Love to dream, and dream in color.

www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com
    www.printandportfolio.com
    This summer's wilderness photography project: www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com/gallery/3172341
    edited June 4, 2007
    Tessa,
    Tessa HD wrote:
    oooo, a guitar is a great idea - nice and curvy! however, i think a different angle would accentuate that curviness better.

Tessa

Thank you!
    I'm still working on it:-)
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2007
    Nice lighting. Excellent choice for curvy, but the guitar is just too head on for the photograph to grab me. I think you are on to something here and can't wait to see how it develops!

Virginia

P.S. You've done a couple of lovely shots of the human form in previous challenges. How about for this challenge????

Email
    edited June 4, 2007
    Flyinggina wrote:
    Nice lighting. Excellent choice for curvy, but the guitar is just too head on for the photograph to grab me. I think you are on to something here and can't wait to see how it develops!

Virginia

P.S. You've done a couple of lovely shots of the human form in previous challenges. How about for this challenge????

Virginia,

thank you! thumb.gif

Human forms were busy doing thier homework this wekend. So I decided to use the actual guitar in the meantime. Apparently I got you guys spoiled rotten.. mwink.gif, nobody takes the subsitute..lol3.gif

We should have some time during the week, so stay tuned! :D
  • pemmettpemmett Registered Users Posts: 507 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2007
    Nikolai wrote:
    We should have some time during the week, so stay tuned! :D

Nik, Whenever I read those words coming you I worry and then start to cry:cry If these attempts are your "try outs" then the rest of us are in troublemwink.gif

I agree with what the others are saying in terms of adding different elements to it and maybe looking at different angles. I'd thought about suggesting having a Barbie doll sitting inside the case covered in noodles, but I see that idea is already taken (though I think GI Joe is still available)rolleyes1.gif

The lightening is great, although there is a slight shadow on the bottom left hand side of the guitar body, which I think is coming from the case cover, which is slightly distracting.

Look forward to seeing the final shot, once the main character finishes their homework.

Cheers/peter
    "Take a moment to capture a memory that will last forever"
    My images | My blog | My free course
    edited June 4, 2007
    Peter,
    pemmett wrote:
    Nik, Whenever I read those words coming you I worry and then start to cry:cry If these attempts are your "try outs" then the rest of us are in troublemwink.gif

I agree with what the others are saying in terms of adding different elements to it and maybe looking at different angles. I'd thought about suggesting having a Barbie doll sitting inside the case covered in noodles, but I see that idea is already taken (though I think GI Joe is still available)rolleyes1.gif

The lightening is great, although there is a slight shadow on the bottom left hand side of the guitar body, which I think is coming from the case cover, which is slightly distracting.

Look forward to seeing the final shot, once the main character finishes their homework.

Cheers/peter

Thanks, man, appreciate it!thumb.gif
    Yeah, I guess I was just going in all directions at once and none in particular. Need to concentrate! :bash