help please

BaggyBaggy Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
edited June 4, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I have uploaded some images and sent the email below to two people
neither of whom can get the "save file to work"

I wondered if someone could test it for me please.

============ email ==================
http://markbaigent.smugmug.com/
Client area > MW >

- Select a property
- Select a small image to see a larger version.
- Mover your curser over the large image to
choose save file.
(There is no password this time.)

============ end email ================

Mark

Comments

• ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2007
    it works for me..... Maybe mention that it is the 'save photo' button in the menu that appears, and not the 'save file' in the menu that appears when you right click?
  • BaggyBaggy Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
    edited June 4, 2007
    ivar wrote:
    it works for me..... Maybe mention that it is the 'save photo' button in the menu that appears, and not the 'save file' in the menu that appears when you right click?
    Blimey, that was fast.

I have just tried talking one guy through the download on the telephone, I am
    beginning to think it is an AOL problem ( he has an AOL email address). He does not see the pop out menu (over the larger image). He see a link that says "help" but clicking on it goes nowhere.

Thanks for taking the time.

Best wishes
    Mark
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2007
    Maybe if he is using the AOL browser? Not sure. Have him use Internet Explorer (if he is using windows) or Safari (for mac). Those should definitely work thumb.gif
    edited June 4, 2007
    ivar wrote:
    Maybe if he is using the AOL browser? Not sure. Have him use Internet Explorer (if he is using windows) or Safari (for mac). Those should definitely work thumb.gif
    will get him to try, but he is is not PC savvy and is reluctant to do anything in a different way to normal

The second guy that I sent a link to also could not download the images, he think it may be because he does not have java installed because he remembers java in the error. This guy does not have AOL. Again this guy is very tentative with computers. This is a real pain, two out of two failures is worrying.

Best wishes
    Mark

• rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2007
    Baggy wrote:
    The second guy that I sent a link to also could not download the images, he think it may be because he does not have java installed because he remembers java in the error.
    It's more likely that he meant JavaScript as Java isn't needed for viewing photos on smugmug.
    I know it's not feeling good to you that 2 out of 2 had trouble with your site, but once you can successfully walk them through the trouble it'll all be good.

Good luck,
    Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
    edited June 4, 2007
    hi
    It's more likely that he meant JavaScript as Java isn't needed for viewing photos on smugmug.
    I know it's not feeling good to you that 2 out of 2 had trouble with your site, but once you can successfully walk them through the trouble it'll all be good.

Good luck,
    Sebastian
    Hi Sebastian

Sadly my knowledge of java or javascript is limited so I am not sure of my ability to talk them through the problem.
    I have suggested that the AOL guy trys without the AOL browser. The other Guy is going to try a different PC, so fingers crossed :-)