Options

Input on d20?

benji70benji70 Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited February 11, 2005 in Cameras
OK, I'm a photographer here in Illinois. I've only used digital for personal stuff so far. I have an Olympus c-4000 that I use quite often. I use a canon 35mm system (I use a couple a2e's and a eos3) with L series lenses out "in the field" and a bronica system in my studio. I do weddings, senior portraits, just about anything someone wants to pay me for. I also manage a one hour photo lab and teach photography at the local college.

I'm planning on going fully digital soon. very soon. I'm looking at a d20. I know all about the "magnification" effect I will get with my lenses so I will probably buy one more lens to go with it for wider group shots. 18-55 or similiar lens. I will probably still do weddings on medium format unless I can get a great 22x30 from the d20.

What do those of you that have the d20 think of it? What do large prints like 22x30 look like from the d20? I will be buying some CF cards and not microdrives mainly for the read/write speed. I know that the microdrives are rated at an ungodly high g rating but when you go from being dropped from standard holding height for a normal person to bouncing on a hard floor, that instant reverse in direction creates and ungodly high g force rating, so durability also plays a factor in what I will use. I have dropped CF cards before and have never had a problem with them. A friend of mine dropped his microdrive and no longer has one that works.

Comments

• Options
    ShebaJoShebaJo Registered Users Posts: 179 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2005
    benji70 wrote:
    What do those of you that have the d20 think of it? What do large prints like 22x30 look like from the d20? .
    I love my 20D thumb.gif
    ...you are gonna get ribbed for calling it a d20 ;))mwink.gif
    Large prints are awesome. The x1.6 is great. Everything I have been told is "CF" not microdrive. I use Lexar 1gig 80X...love them.
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2005
    I have a 20D, brand new, baptised in a huge rain storm. I call it a D20 all the time.

I don't make large prints, I am not a pro and I can't afford to. Someone did make me a large print of a photo I took with it, it was great.

Why wouldn't they be? 8 megapixals, etc.

What are you comparing the 20D with? Have you read this months rangefinder magazine. It points out that you don't really need all that resolution for weddings. Right or not, I know not. It is a great issue on weddings, but has other great stuff in it.

Andy has a more expensive camera, and so do others.......

Most keep kind of a low profile on the situation, I think. Maybe one will chime in.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    ysr612ysr612 Registered Users Posts: 148 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2005
    for some reason I like the pictures out of my e-20 better then those out of the 20d. However everything else about the 20d I like better.

I think I may have stated that wrong. when I get a picture I really like from the e-20 I like it more. But I find it a lot easier to get a picture that I really like out of the 20d. When you get a new camara there are always some things you like better about your old one.

oK I will put the beer down and leave.
  • Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2005
    20D's suck. Stay away. Buy Nikon.

ah, just kidding....it's an AWESOME camera. I absolutely LOVE mine. iloveyou.gifthumb.gif
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson