Options

PJ: Fire at WDW

StevenVStevenV Registered Users Posts: 1,174 Major grins
edited June 8, 2007 in Landscapes
Caught with my son's Sony point-n-shoot, I pulled off a half dozen or so "decent" shots but I think this one's the best:

530008576_9dfcdb5149_b.jpg
Workers for H-I-P Paving company look on as one of their trucks burns. The company was repaving a parking lot at Walt Disney World's Downtown Disney West Side in Florida. 4-June-2007

Comments

• Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2007
    StevenV wrote:
    Caught with my son's Sony point-n-shoot, I pulled off a half dozen or so "decent" shots but I think this one's the best:

Workers for H-I-P Paving company look on as one of their trucks burns. The company was repaving a parking lot at Walt Disney World's Downtown Disney West Side in Florida. 4-June-2007

Whhhhhhewwww so Mickey was safe eek7.gif thats good news rolleyes1.gif

Well hopefully no one got hurt at this fire, great reporting shot Steve thumb.gif
    ... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2007
    I meant to comment on this, but didn't have time before (thanks for looking out for the orphans, Skip!).

Wow! Not the kind of thing you expect to see at WDW. And not something Disney really wants you to see either! :D Great shot.
    Chris
  • Options
    StevenVStevenV Registered Users Posts: 1,174 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2007
    Thanks for the comments, guys
    ChrisJ wrote:
    And not something Disney really wants you to see either! :D Great shot.

it's not something that could exactly be hidden... the smoke was blowing over (and reportedly closed shops at) the Downtown Disney area and the parking lot's right next to a road.

It was just one part of a pretty eventful weekend, I just wish I had been carrying the camera the whole time. I won't make the mistake of leaving it in the car when I'm back down in a week or so. :D