Upload keeps bombing

twinsrustwinsrus Registered Users Posts: 83 Big grins
edited June 4, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I am trying to upload photos and the upload keeps crapping out. No big deal - I'll just start where it left off. Except I can't get a clear idea what has been loaded and what is left to load.

How can I arrange my photos so they are arranged correctly? I have ten days of photos, each appended with Japan and the day they were taken. For some reason, the program will not sort them by filename (the day) and I can't see the names of the photos so I can see what is there and what isn't.

Please help.

Thanks.
Dick Fotoples
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comments

• PBolchoverPBolchover Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2007
    twinsrus wrote:
    How can I arrange my photos so they are arranged correctly? I have ten days of photos, each appended with Japan and the day they were taken. For some reason, the program will not sort them by filename (the day) and I can't see the names of the photos so I can see what is there and what isn't.
    You can sort the photos by "Date Taken"
  • rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2007
    twinsrus wrote:
    I am trying to upload photos and the upload keeps crapping out. No big deal - I'll just start where it left off. Except I can't get a clear idea what has been loaded and what is left to load.
    I'm sorry to hear that you have trouble getting your photos uploaded. Check out this help section to maybe find a clue on what's the problem. Additionally you can do two things:
    1. run a speedtest: http://smugmug.speedtest.net/ and post the results
    2. run a traceroute and post the results as well. This is how you do a traceroute:
    Andy wrote:
    To run a traceroute on a PC, click on "Start". Then click on "run" and type in "command" and hit enter. That should bring up a black screen. When you get that, type in "tracert hera.smugmug.com". There should be a little 'c:\' in the upper left corner of that black screen, click on that. Then select "edit" and then select "mark". You will see a little gray box appear inside the black box at the top. Click on that and drag it to the bottom so that all the text is highlighted. Then click on the 'c:\' at the top again and click on "edit" then "copy". Then open a response to this post, and paste it in there. That will help us see if and where any problems may be.
    If you have any trouble with that don't hesitate to contact the helpdesk for assistance.

Also it's sometimes helpful when an upload was interrupted or photos seem to be missing to check the upload log in your control panel.
    twinsrus wrote:
    Can you give us your site and the specific gallery where you have trouble sorting?
    In your gallery customizations you checked the look & feel section for the 'sort by:' option, right? That gives you the possiblitity to sort by filename or by date taken, for example. Check it out if you haven't seen it yet.

Hope this helps a bit,
    Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero