Challenge 32.

Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
edited February 15, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
Priviet, dear friends.
This one was taken today, 02/11/05.
I'd call it 'Predominant color: close to gold.
1888.jpg
Spasibo,
Yuri

Comments

• BryanBryan Registered Users Posts: 153 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2005
    You are a Master!

This, I feel, is right on for the assignment. Sure the shdes vary, and her eyes and lips stand out, but the shot has a predominate color, and that color sets the tone of the shot.

Spot on Yuri! I always enjoy your work and look forward to your next shot!
  • 4labs4labs Registered Users Posts: 2,089 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2005
    Wonderful shot Yuri. You sure are versatile
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited February 11, 2005
  • ChristianChristian Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
    edited February 11, 2005
    I have a habit of looking for reflections in the eyes to get a clue to what was used for lighting. Is that just using natural light from a window? However the light is done the picture is great!
  • BryanBryan Registered Users Posts: 153 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2005
    Christian wrote:
    I have a habit of looking for reflections in the eyes to get a clue to what was used for lighting. Is that just using natural light from a window? However the light is done the picture is great!
    If I recall he likes to use the light of a north facing window. And if that is the case, he has the best northern exposure in theworld, or the man has more talent in his little finger than I will ever posses (most likely both).
  • Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2005
    Chrisitian
    Christian wrote:
    Is that just using natural light from a window?
    Thank you, Christian.
    Yes it was a natural light, window's light.
    I don't like using my built-in flash (I have Sony F707) and if you'll look at my gallery, you'll find that almost all of my portraits were made with the available light.
  • Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2005
    Bryan
    Bryan wrote:
    If I recall he likes to use the light of a north facing window. And if that is the case, he has the best northern exposure in theworld, or the man has more talent in his little finger than I will ever posses (most likely both).
    Ha-ha-ha! Spasibo, Bryan. clap.gif In fact - every available window with any available light. This time - southern. With hot gold direct sun. The room had red, brown, white and yellow colors - so the mixture (including reflections) seemed to have something close to gold color.
  • ChristianChristian Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
    edited February 14, 2005
    That's incredible. I'm also a big fan of natural light, but never seem to have enough of it arround when I come across an interesting scene. But thank you for sharing your work, now that I know what can be achieved I'll have to work on improving my selection of environments.
  • lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2005
    sigh.... what can I say.. stunningly beautiful...clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif
  • digital faeriedigital faerie Registered Users Posts: 667 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2005
    lynnma wrote:
    sigh.... what can I say.. stunningly beautiful...clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif
    15524779-Ti.gifclap.gifthumb.gif
  • ehughesehughes Registered Users Posts: 1,675 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2005
    Yuri, you definately have the eye for portraits. This one is just incredibleclap.gif

Ed
  • Nee7x7Nee7x7 Registered Users Posts: 459 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2005
    All I can add is...
    Ditto, ditto, ditto!!! Stunning photo, Yuri...and it would be an excellent choice for entering the challenge! Cheers~ Nee :):
    http://nee.smugmug.com[/COLOR]
    http://www.pbase.com/rdavis

If at first you don't succeed, destroy all the evidence that you tried~
  • Nee7x7Nee7x7 Registered Users Posts: 459 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2005
    About your gallery...
    Thank you, Christian.
    Yes it was a natural light, window's light.
    I don't like using my built-in flash (I have Sony F707) and if you'll look at my gallery, you'll find that almost all of my portraits were made with the available light.

Yuri, I'd love to take a look at your online gallery! Can you post the URL where we can find your gallery? I didn't see it in your profile here (what you've posted here makes me want to see more of your work!). Thanks (spasibo!), Nee :):
    http://nee.smugmug.com[/COLOR]
    http://www.pbase.com/rdavis

If at first you don't succeed, destroy all the evidence that you tried~