edited June 6, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
Ticonderoga Venti

159745848-O.jpg

C&C is welcome!
"May the f/stop be with you!"

Comments

• pemmettpemmett Registered Users Posts: 507 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2007
    Hmmmm.... Lighting goooood, composition goood. overall impact blaaaaank.

This seems to be lacking something but I'm not sure whatheadscratch.gif Maybe a good connection to the theme? Sorry to have to say that bowdown.gif

I prefer the guitar theme. Cheers/Peter
    "Take a moment to capture a memory that will last forever"
    My images | My blog | My free course
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2007
    Neat Nik! I love the way the pencils are set up and the shadow they cast. I have two problems with it though. First, the background is really blahhh and detracts rather than enhances the impact for me. Fix that and this is a photo I could almost love. iloveyou.gif

But, for the challenge, I am asking myself whether this is angles or curves. I get a curvy feeling from it but the angles are quite emphatic too. This duality might be a problem for the judges. On balance I like the guitar idea better for LPS#6.

Virginia

Email
  • SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2007
    I'm still waiting for the backlit
    curvey model...this is a cool shot but not a contender yet. Just being honest iloveyou.gif
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2007
    Peter, Virginia, David
    Thank you guys!
    I do appreciate your honest feedback! iloveyou.gif
  • douglasdouglas Registered Users Posts: 696 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2007
    I like it alot including the background, but not sure it would fare well in contest. I think the effect of the processing would come down to personal taste for the judges, so its hard to say. I do think it would look kool hanging on the wall though.thumb.gif
    Best regards,
    douglas
    edited June 5, 2007
    Douglas,
    douglas wrote:
    I like it alot including the background, but not sure it would fare well in contest. I think the effect of the processing would come down to personal taste for the judges, so its hard to say. I do think it would look kool hanging on the wall though.thumb.gif

Thanks!
    I agree that it's probably gonna be too much of a hit or miss.
    Need to work on something more solid. Luckily, I have a couple more ideas (plus "the human forms" entry is still an option:-).
    Cheers! 1drink.gif
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2007
    Swartzy wrote:
    curvey model...this is a cool shot but not a contender yet. Just being honest iloveyou.gif

15524779-Ti.gif

I think you need to revisit Spanish Guitar idea you had for LPS #4. mwink.gif
  • Tessa HDTessa HD Registered Users Posts: 852 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2007
    15524779-Ti.gif However, my boss would LOVE your photo - he's a Ticonderoga fan, that's ALL he uses!

Tessa
    Love to dream, and dream in color.

www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com
    www.printandportfolio.com
    This summer's wilderness photography project: www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com/gallery/3172341
    edited June 5, 2007
    Tessa HD wrote:
    15524779-Ti.gif However, my boss would LOVE your photo - he's a Ticonderoga fan, that's ALL he uses!

Tessa

Tessa,
    let him know that the 30x40 canvas print can be ordered then (and you can get him lps/dgrin discount, so you score on this, too) mwink.gifrolleyes1.gif
    edited June 5, 2007
    Nikolai wrote:
    Tessa,
    let him know that the 30x40 canvas print can be ordered then (and you can get him lps/dgrin discount, so you score on this, too) mwink.gifrolleyes1.gif

Hmmm, maybe a Boss' Day gift? rolleyes1.gif

www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com
    This summer's wilderness photography project: www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com/gallery/3172341
  • pemmettpemmett Registered Users Posts: 507 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2007
    Tessa HD wrote:

Tessa

I actually had to go onto the internet to look up what a Ticonderoga washeadscratch.gif When I found out, I kicked myself when I saw it was written on the pencilsrolleyes1.gif
    "Take a moment to capture a memory that will last forever"
    My images | My blog | My free course
    edited June 6, 2007
    pemmett wrote:
    I actually had to go onto the internet to look up what a Ticonderoga washeadscratch.gif When I found out, I kicked myself when I saw it was written on the pencilsrolleyes1.gif

Too funny!

www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com