Options

A favorite Smokies watering hole

LexLex Registered Users Posts: 262 Major grins
edited June 5, 2007 in Landscapes
A second perspective on a favorite watering hole. I actually saw the angle sitting in the car in front of it, and said hmmm, I sort of like this view. What I really liked was the undulations on the top side with the moss, and sporadic lighting. It seemed to create a point of interest. Ahh, the Singh-Ray Vari-ND filter, worth it's weight in gold. Come to think of it, I think gold may be a little cheaper, lol.

159650656-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    hawkeye978hawkeye978 Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2007
    Doug,

Really like the shot, the water over the rocks really draws me in.

I saw the reference to the Singh-Ray filter, did a quick search, then a 'Holy Cr...' when I saw the price. More money than my camera!. So now I am thinking about combing a CP with a linear polarizer to see what I can do.

I'll have to find some time to go out and see what I can do with these type of shots. If I can't be original at least I can try and copy someone who is. :D
  • Options
    LexLex Registered Users Posts: 262 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2007
    hawkeye978 wrote:
    Doug,

Really like the shot, the water over the rocks really draws me in.

I saw the reference to the Singh-Ray filter, did a quick search, then a 'Holy Cr...' when I saw the price. More money than my camera!. So now I am thinking about combing a CP with a linear polarizer to see what I can do.

I'll have to find some time to go out and see what I can do with these type of shots. If I can't be original at least I can try and copy someone who is. :D

Thanks Hawkeye,

A color polarizer can help, stop your camera down and let the shutter stay open longer. Also, you can get a fixed Neutral Density filter like a 3 stop for considerably less money, even a good brand. on a budget? Get a Cokin maybe. Typically the filters run 20 bucks, then get the 10.00 p-style end, and a ring for your favorite lens. About 40 bucks total maybe.

Doug