Any method for importing email addresses?

eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
edited June 6, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I've only recently discovered the share by email option and really love it. In fact it gets quite addictive to check on the recepients clicking patterns. I was wondering if there was any way to import email addresses into smugmug instead of manually entering each one. Maybe exporting the name and email from Outlook in csv format? This would be a wonderful addition if it is not already available.
Thanks,
Eyal

Comments

• rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2007
    I believe that there isn't any possiblity to import your address book as of now.

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2007
    How much simpler could it be to just copy and paste the addresses from a
    text file. You could have a zillion different distribution lists.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
    edited June 5, 2007
    Allen wrote:
    How much simpler could it be to just copy and paste the addresses from a
    text file. You could have a zillion different distribution lists.
    Well, do you know how painfully continuesly copy and pasting can be? Last year I worked at a shop that sold office supplies and there I should check the address database by searching for the addresses in google. I was copying and pasting all the time and ended up with both my wrists hurt taking months to heal. mwink.gif

While copy and paste is great for 10 addresses I would like to skip it for zillion addresses. :D

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • jenniferjennifer Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2007
    A little off topic, but I was wondering if there are any alternate email templates? I find the black email quite dark and was hoping for something more inviting like the Gradient White or Fresh Air themes.

Thanks!
    40D, 10-22, 70-200 f/2.8L IS, 75-300 IS, 1.4x TC
    edited June 5, 2007
    jennifer wrote:
    A little off topic, but I was wondering if there are any alternate email templates? I find the black email quite dark and was hoping for something more inviting like the Gradient White or Fresh Air themes.
    Good point. I don't think they exists as of now, so how about making an official request over in the feature request thread? mwink.gif

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • jenniferjennifer Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2007
    Good point. I don't think they exists as of now, so how about making an official request over in the feature request thread? mwink.gif

Sebastian

Will do! I really didn't want to read through that thread to find out if it had already been suggested :D
    40D, 10-22, 70-200 f/2.8L IS, 75-300 IS, 1.4x TC
    edited June 5, 2007
    jennifer wrote:
    Will do! I really didn't want to read through that thread to find out if it had already been suggested :D
    You got it. Well, I haven't read it before as far as I can recall, which actually means not much. :D
    Above every thread you also find an option to search through that specific thread, but that's a bit of a hassle sometimes. So don't worry.

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2007
    Guess I'll have to add this 'address add' to the feature request thread as well.
    E
    edited June 5, 2007
    eoren1 wrote:
    Guess I'll have to add this 'address add' to the feature request thread as well.
    Yes and thanks for posting your useful idea.

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2007
    Posted on feature request and it looks like the flip side of this idea is the possibility of abuse (ie spam)....
    We'll see if it ever comes to fruition.
    E