Help with geo feature

akushnirakushnir Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
edited June 5, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I located 3 photos from two different galleries using 'photo tools/edit geography'. The 3 grins show up on the map on the home page. But . . when I click a grin icon, I go to a map where there is no icon for the photo. Mine doesn't look like the "Popular Map" examples. The page shows "Popular Maps" with a list of some sites then below it says "0 photos". I assume that means I have 0 photos on the map. When I go to one of the Popular Maps, there are nice icons with popups for the photos.
So why don't my icons show up on the map? I have external links in the galleries set yes, and everything else set for my photos to be open to the public. I must be missing some critical step. I like this feature and want to use it.
Thanks for any suggestions.
Alan

Comments

• akushnirakushnir Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited June 5, 2007
    It works now (?)
    After posting, I tried again and lo and behold it seems to be working. I don't know if I did anything differently. Thanks anyway.
    Alan
    akushnir wrote:
    I located 3 photos from two different galleries using 'photo tools/edit geography'. The 3 grins show up on the map on the home page. But . . when I click a grin icon, I go to a map where there is no icon for the photo. Mine doesn't look like the "Popular Map" examples. The page shows "Popular Maps" with a list of some sites then below it says "0 photos". I assume that means I have 0 photos on the map. When I go to one of the Popular Maps, there are nice icons with popups for the photos.
    So why don't my icons show up on the map? I have external links in the galleries set yes, and everything else set for my photos to be open to the public. I must be missing some critical step. I like this feature and want to use it.
    Thanks for any suggestions.
    Alan
  • rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2007
    akushnir wrote:
    After posting, I tried again and lo and behold it seems to be working. I don't know if I did anything differently. Thanks anyway.
    Alan
    Maybe there was just a lag in them showing up on the detailed map. ne_nau.gif
    Great to hear that it now works for you.

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero